I know it's been a while. I wasn't going to post until I had pictures and I keep putting off taking pictures because I want everything to look good first. Well, I'll just post a text update for now and see if I feel like taking progress pictures sometime.
I got bookshelves in and arranged as I did previously post pictures of. But now I've filled them with books, movies, wii games, and cds. I have tall food-stuffs on top of the double-stacked bookshelf (like juice, oils, etc). I have a bookshelf on top of the tv cabinet and has light food in it like Helpers and macaroni and cheese and brownie mix. The stove is now where the water jugs were. I have a little end table in front of the cabinet that has a dish drainer and dish pans on it, as I discovered the sink is too big. I have bookshelves next to that. I think my eventual plan is to get a cabinet thing (not sure what, I don't have anything in mind so I'll have to browse) to put next to the end table so I have a larger counter space and an area to store larger kitchen things. Then I'll double-stack the two bookshelves I have now. I'll have to browse the kitchen space makers and stuff Wal-Mart has to see if anything pops up and says "I'll be usefull!"
After the kitchen is set up I'll bring in my sewing machine and serger and make those curtains I keep saying I'll make
I started repacking things from boxes into crates. So far it's just been misc stuff that was in boxes I unpacked, like shirts and some of my Star Wars vhs sets. And the various Atari 2600s and their controllers. Tomorrow I'll start one of various dishes I won't be needing right now, like these mini-plates I guess are meant for deserts. And the large Halloween cup I have. And a Batman kiddie cup I couldn't pass up a few years ago cause I knew by time I had kids and they were old enough to use it I either wouldn't be able to find it again or it'd be expensive.
I keep meaning to bring in the large tv cause I think I know where to put it but I want to test and see if it fits. Also after the mini-tree we have on the filing cabinet (which is at the end of the line of bookshelves under the window) comes down I'm going to move the bookshelves down and the cabinet over so that it is between the tv cabinet and the bookshelves and we can set the little tv there so Victor can play his Atari.
It is a good feeling to empty out boxes and burn them.
In order to keep the lettuce from freezing we put it in a bag right in front of the door and this is the best I've ever had it keep! I've had it in front of the door since Tuesday and today, Saturday, it doesn't even have a hint of brown on it and it tastes fresh, like we just bought it today! So perhaps when I used to store lettuce in the fridge I was actually killing it? hm.
Also, had a stupid Random Event happen at Neopets and now my Xweetok is a baby! AUGH! Now I have to pay nearly 100,000NP to buy a paintbrush to get her back to normal. I guess if I have to pay a ton of Neopoints for a brush I'll go ahead and see if I want to paint her any other color. She used to be red. Now she's a pink and purple baby, ick. Someone on the Help forums told me I could trade her as baby pets are worth something but I dunno. I don't think I'd really want someone else's pet because they would probably have a stupid name and I don't really have a different kind of pet in mind that would be my "dream pet" that I could trade Lexia away for. I just don't know. It's not like I'd be losing out a lot cause I've been reading books to my Quiggle so it's not like I'd lose a ton of book readings. I just don't know what to do. For now I'm using Bofett (my quiggle) as my main pet and moved Lexia to second. I wonder what people would be willing to trade for her. I don't want to advertise that I would trade her away but I think I am curious about what I'd get for her.
Also, I tried to see the Lunar Eclipse this morning but I guess we were just barely not close enough. I know people in Idaho saw it, but I didn't. Either the moon had passed the horizon or it was too cloudy. I'm guessing it had passed the horizon. It's alright. I tried around 7:50, which was just at the very edge of it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment