So since Victor has been immersed in the world of Mass Effect 3 and I'm refusing to start reading a book for fear of finding myself with a Daily Dare game I need to spend a lot of time on, I have nothing to do in the evenings. So lately I've been rotting my mind in front of shows and movies. I watched some Happy Tree Friends one night. Jane Eyre (1996) another night, but no review of that till I've read the book so I can compare cause everything bad about that movie I am giving the benefit of the doubt due to not having read the book. And I watched other stuff I don't really remember what. Well tonight I asked Victor for suggestions and he as suggesting older romantic comedies so I thought why not. I went and looked for a romantic comedy and I got one, and I think it deserves a review.
So what I watched was Beauty and the Briefcase, starring Hilary Duff. Yes, that's right. I actually kinda like her. Albeit this is only the 4th movie I've seen her in. Anyway, I think it was really good. You could compare it to How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days but it is totally different. And between the two I much prefer this one. It was good and if I happen to see it for cheap somewhere (like in the 5 dollar bin at Wal-Mart) I wouldn't mind picking it up. I really can't think of much else to say that's not spoiler-ific, except that it was a good movie and had a good message after all. I will say, however, that the movie was rather clean. Maybe she takes her RL-marriage seriously or perhaps just doesn't do bed-scenes, but the most you see is some kissing, nowhere near a bed. So on to the spoiler review!
So she has a list of all the traits a guy has to have in order for him to be good. She looks around at all the men she sees and they're taken or idiots or cheaters or whatever else. No one fits her list. So anyway, while working undercover at an office to write an article for a magazine about dating in the workplace she meets a random guy at a bar and he matches all the things on her list. Great, right? Well, I guess you should be careful what you wish for. He gave her what she wanted but he was completely fake. He lied to her about everything. Meanwhile the guy she pays no attention to who matches almost none of the requirements and only half-matches the rest of her list is the guy she ultimately falls in love with.
I guess the moral of the story is that real men aren't perfect but if you aim for perfection you'll only get it through lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment