Tuesday's game was Gwl's Great Escape. It is the buggiest game on the entire site. They wanted 890 for AAA, and my high score was about 600 I think. I used the cheat code (gwlsgreatestescapeever) to get the bonus level and that gave me a 200 point boost. I finally had to end game at 1,173 due to a glitch. In the game you blow air at a balloon that's tied to Gwyl and you move him around some caves to collect gems. If you touch the spikes you lose life. There are certain places where it is impossible to go through without touching spikes cause the passages are too small. Once you've collected the gems you can land on a platform to pass the level. The biggest glitch in the game is that the platform won't allow you to land on it and you'll pass right through it. This is what happened to me and caused me to end game when I did. Which was ok since I'd beaten the score needed. I believe I won on my first try.
Wednesday's game was Wrath of the Snowager. Which made me happy cause it's not only a very, very fun game, it's also a very easy one. It's basically worm, you play as the snowager and you go around collecting items dropped by a chia who's running around. You can hit the chia to make him drop 3 items at a time. Each item you pick up makes your tail grow longer. You die if you hit a wall or your tail. Last year's score was 600,000 and I doubled it. This year? 186,472. Really? Yes, really. That's not the Abigale score? Nope, it was the AAA score.Alrighty then. First try I passed with 1,218,764. Everyone complained about how easy it was. I didn't cause I know complaining about easy scores last year got us stuck with Nova Defender with 700,000 points. (the average person gets about 200,000)
And I was right, cause Thursday's game was Super Hasee Bounce with 840! Eek! Everyone was complaining about how hard it was. And it was hard. Took me 3 hours to beat it. You play as 2 hasee's and you're on a seesaw. You bounce each other up to grab balloons, some of them have extra points in them or powerups that let you break blocks. You pass a level by grabbing all the letters to spell hasee. You die by missing the seesaw, which you can move back and forth to catch yourself. Last year's Games Master Challenge wanted 500 points for this game, and I really struggled to get even that much last year. This time, like I said, 3 hours. The points are random, you can pass the first level with anywhere from 30-110 points. And it's like that on each level. So it is entirely possible (and I even did it once with 810) to pass the entire game (15 levels) without ever reaching 840. All the people who were giving tips were telling people to aim. Aim for the point balloons then for the letters. But you can't aim. Maybe pros at the game can but I can't. It's impossible and it's actually cruel to expect newbies to be capable of aiming. The only tip that did me any good was to use mouse-controls instead of arrow keys cause it's faster. I do not believe I could have beaten the score without a mouse. When I finally did get the score it was with 928.
Today I went to see which game it was and saw KouJong. For a brief moment I panicked. Last year's KouJong stumped a lot of people and sent a lot of would-be Gold Trophy people down to Silver. Not as bad as Nova Defender, but it was still up there. Last year they wanted 800 points. I barely beat it after something like 8-9 hours of trying. I have played the game off and on since and gotten a high score of 958 or something. But anyway, today the score for AAA was only 493. Ha! I almost started laughing. KouJong is a timed version of mahjongg. There's 3 stages. Depending on how fast you clear the board you get bonus points. It's very unfair and you have to wind up resetting the board a lot. Resetting does not harm your score from previous stages so if you start running short on time you can simply reset to try again for more points. It's best to play on hard because it gives more points. The hardest thing about this game is having patience. Today I got the score in an hour. Actually I probably had it within 45 minutes at the end of the 2nd stage but I insisted on playing stage 3 too. I wound up with 925 points. Not a new high score but still a pretty awesome score for today. I usually average about 800ish now.
No comments:
Post a Comment