Friday, March 9, 2012

Daily Dare 2012

So at Neopets the Daily Dare was supposed to start March 1st but they rolled out a New Games Room instead. Dunno why since the old one wasn't broken but who knows, just improving things and updating stuff, it looks all fancy now. On one hand it's easier to navigate on the other it isn't. Hard to explain really, but in the old one there was a list to the side of the 5-6 most recently played games you've done, which was handy. Now I have to hunt for the games I play that aren't on my favorite's list. Which I could just update my list more often, cause now it's easier to get to.

Either way, they insisted there were bugs, which I didn't know anything about. For me all the games were running better so I had no issues. Then they took down the new games room and put the old one back up. After that I found out on the forums that people had been seeing actual purple bugs on their screens. And now that I know to look for them I'm seeing them too.

So with all this about new and old games room the "king" of the games room was pushing Daily Dare back and AAA (the leader of DD) wouldn't stand for it any longer and Daily Dare FINALLY started on March 7th at 4:30 my time. Which was bad for a lot of people since people in other countries were in bed and we had no way of knowing if the first half-day would run into 1 and 1/2 days or not. Luckily for those in other time zones it did.

Daily Dare is where AAA and his sister Abigail give you a score to beat on a game. AAA's is always harder, and you have to challenge one of them. If you beat their score you pass and if you don't beat the score by the end of DD you drop a trophy tier. Last year I got gold cause I beat all of AAA's scores.

The first game in the Daily Dare was Snowmuncher. You play a polar chuck (polar bear) who is eating blocks of ice to get to the bottom of the screen. Each block gives you 5% bloat and at 100% you lose a life. Along the way you get Bloat-B-Gone drink and gems. The score to get the avatar is 5,000. Because of Snowmuncher being part of 2011's DD I have a high score of 6,000-something. This year they only wanted 2,538 to beat AAA. I was out of practice so it took a few tries. But I beat the score with 4,093. Simple. I did have to use the bloat code (buuuurrrrrrrrp) that drops your bloat by 50%. But that's ok.

Today's game was Carnival of Terror. Which I feel lucky about. In December or January I decided to try for the avatar.  The score to get the avatar is 725 and it took almost a month but I got it. I used to average about 200-something. Now I average 450. AAA's score today was 354 and I beat it with 536. Not bad. Carnival of Terror is a shooter and clown robots go running past or drop on screen via umbrellas. They sometimes throw pies at you. You die by running out of time, ammo, or health. There is a code to restore you to full ammo (piecrust) and one to restore your health to full (custard). But there is no code for time. Basically there are only a few tricks to getting high scores (don't shoot clowns far away, ignore health bonuses and pies, shoot top, bottom, then middle of clown) but otherwise it's all about the bonuses. If you don't get time bonuses you'll probably wind up with a score of 350-400.

Apparently the bug thing is still going on cause Lulu (aaa and abigail's cousin she's a Neocash promoter and I don't do neocash) is going to "pick up some supplies" from the neocash store before going in search of the king of the games room to get help against the purple bugs. People keep thinking this will turn into a plot but I dunno. Bad timing for a plot cause those take a few months and we have Festival of the Neggs coming up at Easter followed by Altador Cup in June. Course they did do the GMC during the Faerie's Ruin plot I think back in 2010, so who knows. They could do it over the Festival of the Neggs but I really don't see them having it over the Altador Cup. So it would have to be a shorter plot, or an event like when Krawk Island sunk, that event only lasted a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment