Friday, March 23, 2012

Daily Dare catchup

Ok, I'm a little behind on talking about the Daily Dare so here goes with, like, the last week's worth of games:

Saturday was Ice Cream Machine. You play as a Chia and the mouse controls where you go. You're on a board and ice cream scoops go up and you have to avoid them. The avatar score is 14,000 but I can't seem to get past about 8,000. The DD AAA score was 6,045 and I beat it with 7,945. Easy. I like this game!

Sunday was Sophie's Stew. You play as a wand with a flat top and a witch throws ingredients over her shoulder and you have to catch and bounce them over to the cauldron. I'm pretty bad at this game and my average score is about 100. Thanks to last year's GMC score of 250 or something I can get a higher score than 100 it's just a pain. They wanted 262 for the DD and I got 264. Hey, at least I passed.

Monday was Shenkuu Warrior II. You start on the ground and hookshot grapple up to a ledge and this bounces you past it and you have to grab another ledge while falling. You can collect coins by running your mouse over them or hitting them with your character. This game was on the New Game Challenge last spring so I had a high score of 120,000 after a month of working on it. So I knew I could get the score of 69,543. I not only got that score I surpassed it and my previous high score with 148,298.

Tuesday was Ghost Bopper. I almost cried. It's basically that mole game with a mallet you hit the moles with when they pop up. Only it's ghosts. And some take more than one hit and others you can't hit at all or you lose a life. You can play it on a regular num pad on a real keyboard. If you're on a netbook or laptop without a numpad you can use letter controls. Not fun since it is nearly impossible to get a good score using letter controls. The numpad cages your fingers in a way the letter pad doesn't.  Also every few levels the controls change. Where 789 were the top row 147 is now the top. Or something. Which means you have to take your keyboard and turn it so those are the numbers on top, instead of the side. You can't do that with a netbook. Well, I had to wait till I got home then I grabbed my keyboard and beat it fairly quickly, within a half hour. They wanted 336 and I got 339. But only by using the keyboard. I tried letters it didn't work. Also apparently there was some huge glitch with the game and they extended the dare till the next day. I didn't have any issues.

Wednesday was Smug Bug Smite. You choose a weapon then wait and wait and wait till a bug pops out and you have to shoot it quick and then the second pops out. You get time bonuses, there's 3 levels, and a lot of problems. Sometimes you can sit there and wait and the 1st bug will pop out and your mouse is over it and it would literally take you 1/2 a second to shoot it and suddenly a popup comes and says you ran out of time and were too slow. The people on the forums were not helpful and kept telling people to get faster. o_0 I don't think they really understood the problem. I did cause it happened to me a lot. Well the score was 556 which is really, really hard. I beat it with 565 and all I can say for myself is that it was plain dumb luck. Playing as fast as you can normally gets you a score of about 400-450. At least for me. So I don't know what happened when I won except that I did and I won't question it.

Thursday was Trouble at the National Neopian. You are a bank teller and have 6 buttons that control 6 doors and you have to lock out the robbers. I had a bit of trouble with this game last year but passed. This year they wanted 527 to pass and I beat it with 534. Not bad but not great, last year's score was 550-something. But I'm ok with them dropping it. The game gets faster as you go along, though people who score in the thousands say after about 700 points the speed comes and goes in waves.

Today's game made me go "YES!" Sutek's Tomb! Oh, I've been waiting for this one!!! Basically bejeweled. My high score is 8,000-some. They only wanted 3,574 which is about what they wanted last year if I remember right. I passed easily this year first try with 6,822. I usually play this game a few times a week, but I usually average about 4,000 or so cause I don't usually try so hard.

Also the whole thing I mentioned before about bugs and the Games Room was all a NeoCash mini-plot. We got to read the story but we couldn't participate unless we bought stuff to do so. I'm not really upset since all it meant was you got to help decide what direction the store went in, but I think it all would have worked out the same anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment