Each song is chilling. Each song is hero-worthy. Each song is breath-taking. This is a level of epic beyond words.
- The first song is titled simply "Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary". It is mostly unfamiliar to me so I must assume it's music taken from the NES games which I have not played so much, or Skyward Sword which I have not played at all.
- Next we come to Kakariko Villiage - Twilight Princess Theme. It is a beautiful rendition of the Kakariko Villiage song and has it's own heroic epicness.
- The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement is not the disappointment I fear everyone will anticipate. I happen to like Wind Waker. It is a sort of medley. For anyone who's heard the Legend of the Hero song from another collection don't get your hopes up. I love that song on it's own, and when this one started it starts in the same way and I got all hyped up and was a bit let down when the Outset Island song started. But I was hardly upset for long as this is a very good song and showcases a lot of the good music from this game. The title song made me bouncy.
- Afterwards we have Gerudo Valley, which is totally not as boring as it sounds. Either I never paid attention whenever I was in Gerudo Valley or this music is from a game I haven't played cause it was as unrecognizable as it was astounding!
- And in case all this adrenaline is tiresome we have the Great Fairy's Fountain Theme thrown into the middle which put me into a state of relaxation and contentment previously only experienced during Michael Jacksons Human Nature.
- Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement was next. It was beautiful, it was heroic, it was adventurous, it was... breathtaking.
- After that was Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley, which I heard before on Victor's 3DS. It was even better the second time around. Truly awe-inspiring.
- Then... a song I have never heard before and neither have you. Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword. It promises that this game will be everything the other games have been and more. It promises action, adventure, heroism, fate, everything these games are.
Even the parts of these songs I either didn't remember or never heard had a definite Zelda feel to them.
The only thing missing is a "Symphonic Movement" for Ocarina of Time. I am a little surprised they had a 10 minute Wind Waker song and yet Ocarina of Time got nothing. I was under the impression that Ocarina of Time was the fan-picked favorite?
Anyway, excellent job to the orchestra and writer and leader. Well done! Very well done indeed! To think all this effort was put into something they gave away for free! (well, free if you buy the game...)
If it wasn't packaged into the game I would gladly have bought it as a single on it's own for 10-15 dollars. So even if you don't want Skyward Sword I highly recommend seeing if anyone on ebay is selling the cd by itself cause, trust me, if you're a Zelda fan... you want this!
Here's the video of the Main Theme Medley:
No comments:
Post a Comment