Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fallout 3 Motion Sickness

I've been sick since Sunday. I've drank a lot of orange juice and it might be helping? It usually does, and I know it helped my throat. I think my head's less stuffy than it was earlier today or yesterday, so that's good. I felt like throwing up the other morning I was so miserable, my eyes hurt and my sinuses were warm and throbby. But I am much better now.

I believe I have fixed Fallout 3. I never used to be able to play more than a half hour to an hour without getting motion sick. Victor and I were talking about it and he asked me how I feel when playing Bad Company 2. I feel alright with that game, I never really have issues much. Turns out Bad Company uses a FOV (field of vision) of 80, and Fallout uses 75. So all I had to do was open a console (you hit the ~ button, but not on caps, I guess it's called the tilde key but I always called it "squiggle key") on Fallout 3 and type in FOV 80 and it worked! I just played for almost two hours without hardly any motion sickness! XD

I must say this for Fallout 3... I love wandering the wasteland. I hate exploring the city. None of the subways take you where you want to go, and you get lost so easily. I can't find my way anywhere, and once I've been somewhere good luck getting back there! I was trapped at the Mall (the area in front of the washington monument) for the longest time. I even went and explored several subways but they all led me back to the Mall! But now I think I discovered a way out. I stumbled across the congress building and ran around inside for a while and found a way out the other side, but I'm done playing now so I didn't explore that new area. I know, I could warp. But I hate warping. It feels like cheating (though it isn't) and you miss stuff that way.

Currently I'm trying doing the quest about the Rangers, where the leader is in the ghoul city of Underworld. I don't really have an issue with ghouls, so they treat me well. And I was going to go to their camp but I'm having issues navigating the city. I need to go find a detailed map and directions. Cause the map on the wrist-computer (forgive me, I don't remember what it's called. In my mind I call it "tab" cause that's the key you use to bring it up) isn't very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment