Monday, September 5, 2011

09/05/2011

I spent today putting on a single piece of drywall. That last bit of the wall from yesterday. I watched videos on how to cut around outlets. But none of them helped. I wound up measuring how far from the floor they were and how far from the first pieces of drywall I did yesterday and then marking these spots on the drywall using a level and a square. I still wound up scraping each hole until it fit. And then neither the outlet nor the phone jack were out far enough to go through the holes. I couldn't even get the outlet cover on. So I took them off and repositioned them numerous times, bending two nails that I had to straighten and breaking the nail sliders a little. Finally after breaking down and crying and curling upon the bed I got it perfect. So I screwed in the drywall and now the outlet (and probably the phone jack) stick out too far and rather than unscrew the wall we're going to get trim board and go around under the outlet frame thing so that it looks decorative. And my arms itch from the insulation.

On a better note it's been somewhat warmer at nights.

Here's the phone jack. Which, btw, I accidentally knocked the wire off of the jack. All I did was pick it up and it fell apart.

Here's the outlet. The cover is on just cause. I'll take it off when we mud and paint and stuff.

Here is how far the outlet is out. I don't understand it either because I tested it and the fit was perfect! Now it's out and ugly and awful. I just hope we find the perfect trim that makes it look like a design feature instead of a big flaw. Now I'll have to make all my outlets this far off so as to put trim on all of them to make it look intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment