I saw TPM in 3D yesterday! It was amazing!
First, though, I want to complain about 3D glasses. I know they have little ledges you can rest on top of your real glasses but it still doesn't work right. They sit too high up on the face and press your real glasses into your nose (giving me a sinus headache yesterday) and are just generally uncomfortable. Plus sitting so far from your face (by being over real glasses) you have a little black line in the middle of your vision where you can see the middle of the 3D glasses. They should make clipons or something, then when you go to buy tickets the clerk would ask if you want regular or clipons. It would save them lots of money by not having to make ear pieces. Our theater did not have the special Anakin-Goggles glasses, but they did have special Darth Maul packaging and were red-rimmed. I have two in mint condition now (we used old glasses from previous movies so we wouldn't have to open these special glasses).
I figured I'd want to cheer when the opening crawl started... but I wound up crying. It was just so magical, so beautiful!!! I thought of the people back in 1977 who saw ANH and what they thought and felt and did any of them imagine we'd be watching these movies in such amazing 3D? You would have never known TPM wasn't shot in 3D originally. It almost looks better than movies that are made today for the purpose of 3D. How far we've come in 35 years. And what's amazing to think about is that TPM is 13-years-old this year. Wow. I remember when TPM was new, I remember the feel of the time. The toys just have this feel to them unlike any other movie's toys do. I can't explain it, really, I guess it's just a happy memories type of feel.
I've never seen TPM in the theater before. So it was a great experience. The surround sound was great, I was able to hear things I have never heard before!
And since I've seen the movie so much I can quote each line before it's said I was able to look at the background and admire the 3D. I saw things I've never seen before. Like on Rune Haako's costume there's cutouts on the upper arm!
It felt good to see the movie again. Happy smiles abounded as I mentally poked fun at Ric Olie: Captain of the Obvious and Panaka the Pessimist. And remembering little backstories such as the reason why Obi-Wan's hair is randomly longer and shorter is cause he was also filming another movie at the same time. I remembered the Darth Maul's Vacation fanfiction that Tristan and I wrote. I really badly wanted to find and play the TPM game for the Playstation. You know, games based on movies usually suck but not this one. This one is such an awesome game. I also wanted to play Podracer again. I smiled as I remembered the backstory for some of the podracers (such as Ben Quadinaros not even being a racer, he's only in the race against someone else (don't remember his name but he's the 3-eyed one, I believe he's a Malastarrian? Ree-Yees is one) in a fight over a woman).
...and I realized how Yoda knows of the Only Two Rule. And, no, it's not as I previously thought and Mace told him cause Mace is a Dark Jedi (which he is, but he wasn't the one who told Yoda). Remember in the last Bane novel when Zannah is trying to find her own apprentice and she finds that Dark Jedi and fails to turn him? He probably takes this info to the Council who decide that since there's only 2 Sith it'd be really hard to track them down and kill them both, and they aren't really causing trouble anyway, so they erase this Dark Jedi's mind or something and keep the knowledge amongst themselves and only the higher-up council members know of it. Just my own speculation, but it does make sense.
It appears as if they added in some deleted scenes. I'm not certain but I think they did most of the extendo podracer introduction scene. I know they put the Shmi's "be safe" scene in.
Also, they have changed Yoda again. I believe this is the 4th time they've done that? I think I prefer the updated dvd version of him. This one was way too Clone Wars-y. He had that extra bounce-jerk in his step that Clone Wars Yoda has. I do like that they stuck with the suspicious glances he kept giving Mace!
I hope they do all the rest this way too. I know the OT will be harder to do since they're so much older and will be harder to transform, but I'm sure he can do it. Even if he releases one every other year or so that still gives him a good 4-6 years to work on the technology.
btw... I love Jar Jar. He's an awesome character. And he's cute. Nyah.
No comments:
Post a Comment