Sunday, February 26, 2012

General Life Update

So I decided it would be good to post a general update of things.

1. I was very sick the other day and decided that I wanted a comfort book so I started re-reading The Secret Garden. I had a hardback children's edition a long time ago and loved it. So far I'm 148/284 pages into it. Obviously I'm not posting a review of it since I think almost everyone knows what it's about.

2. My days have pretty much been like this lately: Sick. Better. Sick. Sick. Great! Sick! Good. Sick. Good. Good. Sick. Sick. etc. I've thrown up so many times this month I can't remember them all. I'm even at the point where when I threw up day before yesterday I had to set things asides and go to the bucket! Normally I just spew with only a few seconds warning. And lately with the nausea comes exhaustion. I tried to take a nap several times the other day but it just wasn't happening. Isn't this supposed to stop at some point? January was alright, the nausea came and went. But this month... It's hit me hard and some days I spend in a state of constant nausea. Sometimes I can't eat much in one sitting before I feel sick. Sometimes there are no foods that look good. None! Except for things I don't have, like the other day I wanted a blueberry/banana honey vanilla yogurt smoothie. The dinner I wound up with was very distasteful, I don't even remember what it was.

3. I'm disdainful of my stomach and instinctively find it revolting because of how fat it looks. I find it hard to believe any of it is baby. Though surely some of it must be. I googled up pics of women at 12 weeks and I guess I look about average, but that's not entirely helpful seeing as a recent article I read claimed the average size for women is a 14, which I find hard to believe actually. I'm an 8 normally and surely I'm about average. I'm certainly not skinny. Either way, until it looks obviously baby-sized I'll continue to be disdainful.

4. I made potato dumplings tonight. I made a cheesy, chicken broth, and cream sauce for it. The dumplings were undercooked and made me feel sick after a time. Otherwise I think they turned out pretty good.

5. I decided to get on with my organizing of the house today. I had a few boxes upstairs in my food corner that weren't food so I brought them down (well, Victor brought one cause it was heavy) and went through them. One was easy and I went through it quickly, leaving out things we wanted, putting stuff in a crate, and leaving misc stuff behind in the box. The 2nd had two picture frames I put in the crate but otherwise was full of my sewing books! Yay!!! Oh I'd missed them! That one is still packed, it's off to the side till I can get to them. The third was all sorts of stuff that used to be around my computer. ugh. That one's taking a while and I'm still not done yet.  After I get that third box done I can organize food into the corner upstairs properly. I'll organize the cans up there. I had been using one of the shelves on my kitchen bookshelf for cans but it's sagging so I'll take those cans upstairs and use that shelf for things like tea and milk powder. Everything else is going upstairs. Then there'll be two more boxes gone from down here. So after that's done I'll be able to get at the bookshelves easier. Then I'll figure out how to arrange things to fit my sewing books in.

6. I've been trying off and on to crochet some baby socks. omg. Ok,  apparently they're supposed to be 3 1/2" long. My first attempt was 2". So after some research and signing up on a board that has a stupid "your post will be posted after a moderator has approved it" setup that hasn't let my last two posts go through I think I have finally figured out my problem. First, is tension. But that's worked out now, with the help if a bigger hook than my pattern wanted. Second, was row height. Apparently for a double crochet when you chain 3 to start the row off that is how high you must aim to make all your DC! Mine were coming out 2ch high, not 3. So I'm giving them a little tug and now they're the right height. Last night I don't know what my problem was but all my stitch counts were wrong. I'll try again probably tomorrow since I have other things I want to do tonight.

7.Apparently Daily Dare is coming up on Neopets next month! ooo... Last year there were only 2 games I didn't complete on release day. Anyone who played last year's Daily Dare can probably guess what those were! Kou-Jong and Nova Defender. Oh, yes. Kou-Jong I got the next day (and have since gotten that score 3 or 4 times over), Nova Defender took about two weeks and I squealed like a little girl when I finally beat the score with something like 800,000. It's one of those games where you do a lot of memorization, there's combo bonuses, and you can't beat the 4th level unless you die at least once on the 3rd, though twice isn't a bad idea if you wanna go for easier points. I'm looking forward to this year! Hopefully all the games will run well on my netbook. If not I'll be pulling out my desktop. Though I don't see there being any problems since almost all the games run just fine on medium quality. For the Altador Cup I couldn't play Make Some Noise even on low quality, but eh. We'll see.

8. I made a delicious desert last night. Oatmeal. Honey. Vanilla flavor. Almond flavor. Sugar. Cocoa powder. Milk. Marshmallow whip. I didn't use measurements I just added what felt right.It was really good. Victor didn't like the amount of almond in it. I made it again for lunch this morning and did two things different. I left out the almond and used some of a bag of vanilla pudding.I don't think it was as good as it was last night though.

hm. I guess I just don't have any more updates right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment