It was sunny today so I was able to finish playing Skyward Sword (finally). Mild spoilers, but nothing big. For those who don't wanna read this (fear of spoilers or just don't care) it was a really good game, not the best, really, but not bad. Link's looks grew on me, and I think he actually changed over the course of the game.
I just want to say that this was one of the easiest end battles I'd had to do. I died only once and that's cause I forgot to drink my potion. I did wind up going through 3 full-heart restore potions. So before you go do battle make sure you have two bottles and buy the heart potion then get the potion-maker's husband to "improve" them to Health Potion++ or whatever it's called.
As for the ending itself it's no spoiler that this is the first game in the series chronologically, so the end made me think it was setting you up for either LTTP or OOT. Turns out in the current "official chronology" OOT comes next. Well, ok, I guess. My own view was that the games go SS, LTTP, LA, OOT, MM, TP, and WW. (not counting the NES games since I never played them through) But apparently the people at Nintendo have this absolutely insane bizarre twisted idea of what time travel is that makes absolutely no sense at all. Apparently OOT splits off into three timelines. One is where you die and lose (bzuh????), one is where you go back in time to be a kid and stay there and go do MM and therefore aren't around to do the events of OOT (seriously!? The people at nintendo have actually PLAYED OOT and MM, right!? I think not! If they had played these games they'd know that MM does indeed take place when Link goes back to be a kid but that this happens during the 7 years Link was in the sacred realm and therefore it's acceptable for Link not to be in Hyrule since, well, he ISN'T at that time anyway, and in the beginning of MM it clearly says he went on a search for Navi which he would only do because at the end of OOT you see Navi flying off saying "bye, see you later" so clearly kid-Link hasn't got anything else he needs to do in OOT since, you know, 7 years later Adult Link will appear to take care of stuff and Adult Link ain't going anywhere since Kid-Link has already gone and sealed himself up, turned Adult, did stuff, won the day, then gone back in time to live his life. There can't possibly be TWO kid-Links running around anyway, right? And if Kid-Link became teenage-Link outside of the sacred realm in Hyrule Adult Link would know about it (and ganondorf too prolly and therefore kill the after-game kid-link) and therefore the sealing himself up part would be pointless, so Kid-Link stays in MM-land until he's a little older than Adult-Link then comes back to resume duty to Zelda and the kingdom.What idiot could possibly think Link wouldn't be able (or wanting) to go back to Hyrule after the events of MM? What do they think he gets lost or something?), and then there's a third timeline where... I forget something like you stay an adult which is stupid since at the end of OOT Zelda sends you back to be a kid. Either way, I expect them to revise it pretty soon here due to sheer stupidity. Probably after someone at Nintendo comes to work one day and goes, "Hey, guys! Guess what! I actually PLAYED OOT and MM, no seriously, and you know that timeline? Yeeeaaah, we might wanna think about fixing that..."
Whew.
So anyway, great game, shield bashes suck, save points aren't so bad as you can find one within like a minute's walk in any direction and usually less time than that. I don't like how they set up Hero Mode. In other Zelda games you keep your original play-through and Hero Mode (or whatever) is set up on an unused saved file. My Skyward Sword only has one save file. ....and now it's on Hero Mode and therefore my saved game is GONE and I either have to start over on a different save file or just play the Hero Mode. I guess I'm glad I didn't go overboard looking for Goddess Cubes and collecting bugs and stuff.
I totally wasn't expecting that about Impa, just btw. Not happy, not upset, just "ha, really? cool".
Oh, and after the sliding puzzle part (you'll know what it is when you get there) get those Health Potion ++ things. Don't go anywhere else, just go back to Skyloft and get you some potions cause it's the time to do so. Even if you don't or you run out don't worry you can still go get more. I was nervous about whether or not I could get more cause I got caught up in things and wound up about to face the main boss with one heart and no potions! gaaah! But I was able to go get the potions I needed, thankfully.
Apparently there is a patch for when you're looking for dragons. I did not have any issues with my dragon search, so it is my assumption that the people who had trouble were the ones who did things in a different order than I did. I went to the forest first, then fire, then desert. But you can do it in any order, just this is the one that worked for me.
Speaking of bugs if you want fun drag the bug net into the ground while you walk with it and you can barely see the net cause it clips into the ground. lol
btw, another OOT comes directly afterwards is the whole Fi = possibly future Navi thing. Fi was REALLY annoying when she beeped and beeped just to tell me my hearts are low. Yeah, thanks, Fi, I think I figured that out when my body started flashing red and the standard "beep beep" of low hearts started playing.
Though a better LTTP comes directly next thing is that Link is a knight in this game (not a spoiler you find that out in the beginning) and LTTP Link's parents were knights and OOT Link's father was a knight (maybe mother? I don't remember!) Though I guess OOT's story could still stand with Link going back to his family's tradition of being knights which would lead to LTTP Link's parents.
This was barely coherent wasn't it? Well I'm tired so it's what you're getting. Oh, watch the credits. I don't know if you can skip them or not but there's more that happens after the credits are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment