Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review of Revan

So I finished Revan just now. The best way to describe it is to say that it is just like Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter with a slightly happier ending. I believe I have given my thoughts about Shadow Hunter a time or two. It is the single most depressing book I have ever read next to Ecclesiastes. After Revan I got the same urge to throw the book against a wall as I got after Shadow Hunter only with less tears. Would I recommend you read it? Yes. It is still a very good book. Where I would not recommend Shadow Hunter to anyone I would definitely recommend Revan... with a warning. It wasn't necessarily a bad ending, some might even like it and see it as fitting, it just wasn't the one I had expected. And from a certain point of view, as I said, it's right up there with Shadow Hunter for me. I doubt it's one I'll re-read. I could never stomach Shadow Hunter again.

And now I really badly want to re-read the Bane books. They're set 3,000 years after the events of KOTOR and I believe there is some history in them. But I just checked and as far as I can tell Dromond Kaas not only gets dragged into The Clone Wars *collective sighs of dismay and groans of agony* and even appears in the later books and comics (later as in post-NJO and Legacy eras). But is not seen in any of the Bane books. Apparently it does appear in some of the other Old Republic books. hmm. I only have one other Old Republic book and that's Fatal Alliance, I believe. I wasn't sure on the timeline and I know there's a handful of other Old Republic books out there. So maybe once I have those I can figure out how we go from KOTOR to Bane.

Maybe in a few days I'll start a new game of KOTOR1. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment