Bonecrusher out in the snow on the 16th.
This is a plate full of tortillas I made. Victor helped me by cooking them. Recipe here. My only complaint was the amount of tortillas it made and their size. I managed to get 8 out of this recipe but I think I'll go for 6 next time so that they're a tiny bit bigger. They were delicious though! My changes were: I added more water and shortening enough to get it all to stick together properly. I kneaded the dough to make it smoother. I did not cover them with a damp cloth, I used a dry one. In this cold a damp one probably wouldn't have been too good. Also I let it rest for 30 minutes. And one thin Victor did while cooking them was to flip them over, which the instructions did not say to do.
In other news I finished reading A Dance with Dragons last night and today went to read the excerpt from Winds of Winter that GRRM posted on his site. The book was good. I can't wait for book 6! Here-on out will be filled with spoilers so don't finish reading this post if you want to be unspoiled!
I was stunned and upset when Jon was stabbed. He's not dead, is he? Lots of bad things happen to people and they don't die. Like wen Arya took an axe to the head and when Asha got hit in battle and when Theon fell amidst fire (I knew he wasn't dead...) when they said Bran and Rickon were dead, when it was said Davos was dead, and so on. Jon might have just fallen unconscious and the next thing that happened might have been Milisandre swooping in to save him. I mean he has changed, certainly, and fallen down to 4th place on my favorite characters list, but he's still one of my favorites.
While I am enjoying what Arya's doing I wonder how that will progress into the general story. She's sorta out there on her own right now. Not that I'm not enjoying it.
I was strangely enthralled with what Theon was doing. I've never liked him. But for some reason I greatly enjoyed reading about him and even dreamed about him and Jayne the night after I read the chapter where they jumped from Winterfell. And haha to me for being stupid I didn't realize Abel was Mance till my dreams that night.
As for Stannis.... I was going to post this big long thing about why I think he's not actually dead but now that I think about it... I was going to say that the letter to Jon in book 5 says for him to give Arya back. But if Bolton had killed all of Stannis's people he would have found Arya with Stannis. But the excerpt from book 6 says Stannis is sending Arya to Jon. So if Bolton had a survivor and questioned them he'd find out Arya was sent off so it does all fit.
Brienne. o_0 I held out hope all through book 5. Now I'm more confused than before and holding out for book 6. Unless something happens in book 6 to explain things then her last chapter was the most hamfisted awful bit of writing in the entire series. And I'm not just saying that cause she might have died I'm saying it cause it makes no sense! She randomly somehow chanced on Catylen? And Catylen decided to hang her for some reason? bzuh? So what was the word she yelled? Is she dead? Or come back? Unhappy deaths (such as if Jon is dead) at least make sense but this one just leaves me bewildered.
No comments:
Post a Comment