I started reading the new Revan book yesterday. So far it is very good. It takes place 2 years after KOTOR1 (I believe KOTOR2 is 3 years after the first game). And I have this to say to start: It is so weird to read Revan as being a male. I always played the game as female (and I do the Carth romance). I believe originally Revan was supposed to be female but somewhere along the line official canon shifted and Revan was officially male. Well, whichever, it's still weird. However, I fell in love with Revan on page 2 so next time I play KOTOR1 I'm playing it as the Revan in this book. The book also has spent the last two chapters following a new character, which so far is disconnected from Revan (though if memory serves I believe this new stuff is actually referenced in the Bane novels), but it's fun and I'm excited to find out how it connects to Revan.
Now for a more spoilerific review:
Revan has long black hair. And is angsty. Like one of the angstiest characters in SW and I don't even have to read more into it than there might actually be! Only person as angsty or angstier might be Jacen. Boba's pretty angsty too but a lot of that is in my head.
Revan married Bastilla. Huh. Like I said I always did the Carth romance and Bastilla never really struck me as being very interesting, so it's just kinda weird. Not bad. Not with that description of Revan waking from a nightmare and going to stare at himself in the mirror for a time thinking angsty-emo thoughts before dropping his head and sighing with long black hair cascading over his shoulders. After that I could stomach him being married to anyone.
It is exciting to follow actual Sith, like the species of Sith. It's fun to see their disdain for mere humans. Nyriss is the woman Bane was thinking about right? When he went to some dark, ruined planet to a Sith Lady's house cause she had manuscripts and such and Bane thought she'd have something useful? Well at least I don't have any spoilers for this book cause I really don't remember the history of Nyriss as described in the Bane novels. Bane was 3,000 years after KOTOR so naturally she was long dead by Bane's time but there was a brief history that I don't remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment