Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Attempt at New Hair Do

Yesterday we went to the dump and found some nice things. I found a stove burner thingie like what's on propane stoves, so I took it to use on the woodstove. There were also some metal wire shelf things and one wasn't bent up so I took it. I also found an antique looking tv tray, so I took that too. Victor got a leathery-ish footstool that looks like you can store magazines under it. We didn't notice at the time but once we got it home we saw that it was missing a screw or something, but we can fix that no problem. He also found a child's soccer net, and it's really nice. It's got a metal frame and only a few holes.

I got some things done today. We tried to mount the solar panels on that lawn swing frame but the holes from where my mom and Steven had their panels are in different places than where ours should go and our panel's holes don't even line up with the boards so we'll have to figure out how to add onto it or something. We'll see.

I got two drywall sections laid out and ready to put up. Might hang those tomorrow.


This is how I did my hair today. It's what Arya wears in the first part of the Game of Thrones tv show. It's my first attempt, somewhat based on a tutorial I saw on youtube. I might do it different next time, try to make the hanging braids seem to come from under the bun instead of from over it. Overall I think it came out rather nice, though.

 Here's a close-up. I made ponytail, then four braids. I took the two in the middle and crossed them over each other up and down, securing with a pin at every cross. Then I took the two on the outside and did the same until I had so much left and then put a pin on each side to keep them on the side of the bun. It's very secure, but the hanging ends kinda rub at my neck and are a bit irritating.

So far this book 3 has a lot of really awesome quotes. Here's a few that I particularly like:
"He giggled. He cried. He leaned over and heaved his courage onto the snow."
"You were made to be kissed, often and well." (Something Victor said to me without even knowing it was a line from this book as he's never read it, the entirety of this line in the book has spoilers so I won't say it, but it's very romantic)
"She might slap him again. Or cry. Or kiss him. And never know which was right and which was wrong and which was madness."

Here's a few thoughts I have after about 400 pages. If you haven't read the books this won't mean much of anything to you. There will be spoilers from here to the end of this entry.


I'm really enjoying what's going on with Jon at the same time I'm sad for him because I know his life is messed up beyond repair now. If he stays with the Wildlings he forfeits his life should he ever be caught; he cannot see his family ever again. If he leaves the Wildlings Ygritte will be heartbroken, and it will be worse if a month later she finds she's pregnant. He wouldn't be able to do that to her.
And I'm really happy Gendry's still hanging out around Arya. I had hoped his character wouldn't go to waste, and I have suspicions about him that were raised from the tv show but as yet I'm not sure. In the show Cersei talks of a firstborn with black hair that died as a very young child, but what if he was actually secreted away and is Gendry? He'd be the proper heir, though he'd have no clue how to run a country. I think he and Arya are cute, though Arya's really kinda too young to get it.
I also think that Melisandre has the wrong hero, I think she's actually looking for Daenarys.
And I finally get why the books are called what they're called.
Also, I think they should have married Tyrion off to a Frey. Now would have been the time to do it. Then give Sansa to Lancel. Course she's actually safest right where she's at now.
At the same time that I'm enjoying Danarys/Jorah I'm not.
I'm also enjoying reading things from Jamie's pov, warped though it is. It's kinda like Jamie got the brawn and Tyrion got the wits.
I am also really enjoying Catelyn's emo thoughts. She's certainly justified in it.
...also waiting on another Jamie chapter! Last I read he had a sword slicing down near his head and he's screaming. And since no one is safe I wonder what part got chopped off?

No comments:

Post a Comment