Here's some of the things on my to-do list...
There are some, like a sweat pants and jacket pattern I have but cannot remember the number for. And there's some shirts and pants I want to make too, but I don't remember the pattern numbers for them either. Some of them I got on clearance so even if I looked on the pattern sites I wouldn't find out which ones they are cause they're out of print now!
I have other non-sewing things to do. Like some crochet filet mesh pants I saw in a 1970s advertisement in an old crochet magazine thing my mom found for me that I fell in love with. A crochet toilet seat cover in shell pattern. And I got some little tiny hooks and thread to make coasters with. And there's some bookends I want to make, too.
And at some point I do intend to get back to making that chainmail I had started last year or the year before. I actually find doing chainmail to be rather relaxing. I hate cutting it, though, and that's why I stopped. I know you can buy rings but it feels like cheating. But once I have my thing done (I believe I'm just doing a vest... whatever the proper word is for that) I have to make a costume for it to go with. Also not sure if the vest will be for me or Victor. Or if it's going to stay a vest or if I'll put arms on it.
At some point I am going to make Mandalorian armor for Victor out of rubbermaid. I have no picture because his is going to be original. The Dented Helmet has a good tutorial on how to use rubbermaid to make armor.
Here's the things I can find pictures for:
McCalls 6097. I think it's gorgeous! I'll have to do some of the under clothes myself, such as corset and petticoat or hoop-skirt. Not sure which kind of skirt is appropriate. I already have a corset pattern.
New Cheetara. *shrug* This one is at the husband's request and while I don't have any particular liking of the character I have no complaints about doing the costume. This one will have to wait till I get skinnier. But I've already been researching and have found an awesome cat ear tutorial at cosplay.com. I love her bangs, I want her bangs. But most like I'll go with a wig or extensions for some of her hair.
Of course the Mara Jade catsuit, which has been on my to-do list for about 6 years now. I was not thin enough and felt that at the time my sewing skill was not ready for this project. I believe that, while not quite thin enough, I could do this one now. I have a pattern for it and a good tutorial bookmarked as well as proper fabric bookmarked. I really, really want to do this one. Mara is awesome. Plus there's variations. I could make the goggles and head covering. Or the jacket. Or the backpack thing. Or I could do it in blue like she's wearing in the New Essential Guide to Characters. But I'm doing the standard black 4-way pvc, and maybe the headwrap.
Admiral Natasi Daala. This one's been on my to-do list for about 5 -7 years. At one point I bought fabric and made a jumpsuit... then hated it and started over. I don't remember how I feel about this one, I think it was acceptable. The issue with this costume is that this is the only picture we have of it! All the other pictures of Daala have the standard Imperial Officer's clothes. So it's up to me to guess what's on the other shoulder. I believe someone else has done this costume, but I don't know who or how it turned out. I bought the Green Pepper jumpsuit pattern a lot of the Rebel and Imperial pilot people use and my issue is how loose it is. But then I was still a newbie back then. I'm sure I can do it now. I have the boots already at least. And I have the hair style if not the color.
Darth Talon. I don't know anything about her but she looks awesome. Would I ever actually make this? I have no idea. If I do I might go the skin-tight red fabric route some people do with things like this. I read about a fattie who made this and had a look of horror imagining it till I saw she used red fabric instead of air brushing her skin. Besides, the red fabric route would mean no air brushing or makeup, yay! I have read few tutorials on lekku construction. I believe there are probably better tutorials out there since the Rose Parade thing where they had a bunch of Twi'leks marching in it. But I haven't looked. This costume is waiting until I read the Legacy comics, and seeing as I'm at the Force Heretic Trilogy in the NJO and insist on going chronologically, it's going to be a while. Cause next comes two or three more NJO, then the Dark Nest Trilogy, then the Legacy books, and I believe there's a Millennium Falcon book at some point in there, then I can move on to the Legacy comics.
Yes. You saw that right. Rainbow Brite. (heehee, I rhymed!) What's wrong with me? No clue. Call it a lark. It seems pretty easy to make, actually. Snowboots or something, blue dress, white trim, poofy sleeves. Hardest part is the hair. While I have hair I dunno how to pouf. And I am not doing the bangs, that'll have to be extensions or something.
Butterick 4570. I imagine it in a sort of flannelish soft blue with flowers on it. Not a whole lot else to say about this one. I might make underclothes for it to give the skirt some lift. Need to research to see if they did that back then or not.
For Victor. In denim. He's talked of wanting one a lot. I have no pattern, so I need to figure out what I'm doing. Maybe draping. I think it'll be fun.
How did I not remember Princess Zelda till now?? Basically the only part of this I have right now is the hair. And I actually do know how to do her hair, I saw a tutorial on YouTube (loepsie, I think, has it) and I wore it on mine and Victor's last anniversary. This one will be kinda hard but I don't care. Some of these I might never actually make (talon, rainbow brite...) but this one I am totally making. If I do it right I could maybe reuse the corset I'm making for the first costume I listed on here. Also, it has to be the Twilight Princess version of Zelda because I like that one best.
For Victor. I don't care how much he protests. He's getting one.
Another one Victor's getting whether or not he wants it. Gabriel Belmont. mmm, makes me wanna go play that game just looking at this picture!
And another one for Victor. Quinlan Vos. I want to read the comics about him before I do the costume, though. The guys who do Galen Marik or whatever from Force Unleashed should know how to do the harder parts of this one.
Well, I'm sure I can come up with so many more I want to do, but it's bedtime now.












No comments:
Post a Comment