Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10/11/2011

This is a rope crown braid. Normally I have trouble doing regular crown braids and they wind up very messy. Rope crown braiding seems very easy, actually. It was a little messy coming up the other side (on the left there, you an see lumps at the bottom left) because I had to undo it to a point and redo it and I think I got lost. A crown braid is where you start on one side of your head and do a lace braid (like a french braid but you only add hair to one side) and the process of lace braiding brings the braid around your entire head in a circle. I honestly didn't rope braid to get this, though. I took two strands of hair, twisted, added to one side, twisted, added to one side, twisted, added to one side, etc. And when I ran out of hair to add I turned it into a rope braid. It was too messy on the left to keep it, though, (it was worse on the front) so I took it out. But at least now I know I can do this variation of a crown braid well enough that in a few tries I could be wearing it for real!

I finished putting up drywall on this wall. Picture is crooked because I wanted to get as much of the wall in as possible so I put the camera up against the opposite wall so I was actually standing next to my camera.

Then I started putting these down under the angled pieces. They're just leaning there for now till I figure out how to attach them. There's 4" Between them and the boards so there's nothing to screw them into. I have a few ideas, though.

And I put one on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment