Yesterday was an interesting day. I learned to sharpen and balance a lawnmower's blade, and then spent most of the 4th busting my hump on the root cellar. I was able to work even more efficiently than on Saturday, and it felt good to do it. Hooray new work gloves! Before bed I shot off the fireworks Barb's parents had procured for us; my favorite were the artillery shells. Awesome mini fireworks. Second favorite was a six pack of mystery things. All were identical green little firecrackers, but they did different things when lit. Some were showers, some were spinners, and some just shot off in a random direction. I'm deepening the latrine hole which remains as of yet unused, and apparently we're putting an outhouse over it.
Before all of this we had a fine experience with Foxy, our recovered abused cat. He got himself treed, and it was almost sad to see the other cats trying their best to get up and help us rescue him. Since then Foxy has been much nicer to the cats, and didn't even whine to be let out early. I guess all it takes is one harrowing experience like that to set a cat straight.
Today I'm a bit sore, but it's the good kind of sore. Looking forward to a beach trip today. Yes, did you know we HAVE those in Montana?
No comments:
Post a Comment