Friday, July 1, 2011

A few weeks in:

Life is a beautiful thing.  I have always believed this, and I continue to look forward to it every day.  Every morning there is a sense of wonder... what will happen today?  For many years, the answer to this question was the same.  I will wake up, shake off the aches and pains of a prematurely aged body, and drift through the days, desperately escaping into my own mind when doing mundane chores, or into a video game otherwise.  But I still looked forward to it at first.

Eventually, after a bunch of experiences that are.. frankly.. not worth dwelling on or even writing down, came to find myself married, and butting my head against society to try to get in.  After years and years of failure, my wife and I came to a decision: we're done trying.  Previously, her parents had half-jokingly suggested we move to the mountain like they had; hauling our own water, living on solar power, no bills but the food we cannot grow and DSL.  We decided to take them up on this offer.  Months later, buying a primitive solar system and a camper so we would get by, here we are.

We are Victor and Barbara, and this is the tale of our life on Mosquito Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment