Saturday, July 2, 2011

And the muscles come alive

Short entry here.

For the last few weeks we've been up here, I've been panting and wheezing just going up the hill from our land to the In-laws' house.  Migraines, back pain, the works.  It's been awful.  Until today.

I was going into town to look for work; and the wife bugged me to split some wood first.  It took me a few tries to get it right, but once I did I realized.. my muscles were keyed up and ready to go.  For the next three hours I finished splitting wood, and then went down and dug on the root cellar.  I achieved in the time today more work than all previous days done by my wife and I combined.  I also noticed I pull my belt far tighter than I used to.

I'm getting to be in the best shape of my life since my wrestling days.

No comments:

Post a Comment