Monday, July 18, 2011

Victor's Birthday

Wednesday the 13th was Victor's birthday. I made him a cake shaped like an Intellivision out of a red velvet cake mix and marshmallow fondant. This was my second time making fondant and it was so much better this time. Last time I spent forever on it, this time it sorta fell together perfectly. My only issue was that I couldn't quite get the color gold. I tried using lots of yellow food coloring with a drop of red but it just turned orange. And I couldn't get the rest of it black enough. Anyway, here's some pictures:

The cake was a surprise. It was my present to him. btw, my hair is in a waterfall braid. Not a perfect one, because I have no idea how to end it in the go-around-the-head way. I'm more following the style of waterfall braid that Torin does where you turn it into a regular braid at the center back. Also, I have some sparkles on either side at the start.

This is a good picture of me.

Victor playing with the train my mom and Steven gave him. He loves it.

And here's the cake itself. For my second attempt at fancy cake decorating I think it's pretty good.

This is the picture I was going by for the cake. Obviously I made both controllers be in their slots, it was easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment