Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hunger Games Book 1

I finished reading the first Hunger Games book a few days ago. Not going to bother with a link, I'm going to assume everyone already knows what it is and etc. I enjoyed the movies (I've only seen the first two so far, waiting for netflix to get the 3rd) so I figured I'd enjoy the books. And I did enjoy the book, it was good. It was a quick read and it really sucked me in. However, there's not much to it. It's basically like someone watched the movie and decided to write everything they saw. They almost didn't need a script for the movie because the book is script-like enough. There is a little more to it than the movie but not much. And the scenes in the movie showing stuff happening outside the arena kind of makes up the difference between the indepth stuff in the books and indepth stuff in the movies. The "rest of the story" that didn't make it into the movie were basically just backgrounds and memories. However, I can't wait to read the 2nd book! I haven't started it because I don't have it yet. I only have the first book because I got it at the used book sale. After price checking I have determined to get the 3-pack from amazon and give away the copy of the first book that I currently have. Someone drew all over inside the cover and dog-eared the pages, I hate when people do that to books. Seriously, using a bookmark is not hard! Grab any random scrap of paper, even a candy bar wrapper or anything will do! You don't have to turn down the page corners and cause horrible creasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment