While Zahn was writing this (or maybe it was done and just in editing?) I saw a cover picture and the cover of the book had Lando on it! That couldn't be right! At that point in time Lando is mad at Han over something that happened in the Han Solo Trilogy which happens before A New Hope. How could they be together on a job? I was even actually upset and surprised Zahn would do something like this. Well, I shouldn't have been. And I doubt he'll ever see this but if he does I'm sorry! I shouldn't have doubted you. As always, he is the master of Star Wars fiction and handled it nicely. So nicely that I have no complaints at all about it. And you know I love to complain. I also learned a few things, I apparently didn't understand the Yavin Vasilika as well as I thought I did (it's a horribly confusing comic book drawn by someone who can't draw who hasn't got a clue what Han looks like with a plot that's barely canon at best) and that I need to read the Ylesia story because I have to admit I've never done that. It's a short story that was included with one of the NJO, I believe, and is referenced in this book.
I found it neat that Kell Tainer was in the book. I only somewhat remember him from the Wraith Squadron books but it was still a good throw in.
I also enjoyed the short story "Winner Lose All" at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment