While reading I realized something. Why I hate Dave Filoni so much. James Luceno has always shown nothing but respect for the other Star Wars authors. He includes details that might feel minor, but are really, really interesting because they were mentioned in other books, sometimes only in passing. He is very well-read and makes sure to cross no lines. Filoni, however.... Picture this, imagine a daycare. You have Stackpole and Allston playing with army guys in planes and stuff. You have Anderson coloring pictures. You have Zahn building with blocks. You have Traviss off in a corner, she's in time-out. Everyone is playing peacefully. Suddenly the doors slam open, Zahn's tower falls. Filoni stands in the open doors, eyeing everyone maliciously. He runs over and shoves Stackpole and Allston over, kicking their toys around. He runs to Anderson and rips up his pictures. He runs around shoving and taking toys from anyone else he passes (cause come on I can't remember every author's name). He spies Wolverton and starts to bully him almost worse than the others, trying to brainwash him into thinking anything but reality. He then sees Lucas and moons him. And none of the adults care, they just encourage him and pat him on the head and say he's such a good little boy.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Darth Plagueis
I finished another book, Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
, by James Luceno. It always takes me a while to work through his books, I'm not sure why. They're very good, though. And this one was no exception. I loved reading about Darth Plagueis and everything that happened leading up to TPM. I liked seeing how all the schemes and stuff were playing out and being made. The book is not just from Plagueis's perspective, we also see things from Palpatine's viewpoint a lot. The book goes through to just after TPM, and the parts that happened during TPM felt a little fanfiction-y to me, but then you're working with a character who was not in the movie but you still have to show the stuff that happened during the movie, so that would be a little hard to do without it feeling fanfiction-y, so I can forgive that.
While reading I realized something. Why I hate Dave Filoni so much. James Luceno has always shown nothing but respect for the other Star Wars authors. He includes details that might feel minor, but are really, really interesting because they were mentioned in other books, sometimes only in passing. He is very well-read and makes sure to cross no lines. Filoni, however.... Picture this, imagine a daycare. You have Stackpole and Allston playing with army guys in planes and stuff. You have Anderson coloring pictures. You have Zahn building with blocks. You have Traviss off in a corner, she's in time-out. Everyone is playing peacefully. Suddenly the doors slam open, Zahn's tower falls. Filoni stands in the open doors, eyeing everyone maliciously. He runs over and shoves Stackpole and Allston over, kicking their toys around. He runs to Anderson and rips up his pictures. He runs around shoving and taking toys from anyone else he passes (cause come on I can't remember every author's name). He spies Wolverton and starts to bully him almost worse than the others, trying to brainwash him into thinking anything but reality. He then sees Lucas and moons him. And none of the adults care, they just encourage him and pat him on the head and say he's such a good little boy.
While reading I realized something. Why I hate Dave Filoni so much. James Luceno has always shown nothing but respect for the other Star Wars authors. He includes details that might feel minor, but are really, really interesting because they were mentioned in other books, sometimes only in passing. He is very well-read and makes sure to cross no lines. Filoni, however.... Picture this, imagine a daycare. You have Stackpole and Allston playing with army guys in planes and stuff. You have Anderson coloring pictures. You have Zahn building with blocks. You have Traviss off in a corner, she's in time-out. Everyone is playing peacefully. Suddenly the doors slam open, Zahn's tower falls. Filoni stands in the open doors, eyeing everyone maliciously. He runs over and shoves Stackpole and Allston over, kicking their toys around. He runs to Anderson and rips up his pictures. He runs around shoving and taking toys from anyone else he passes (cause come on I can't remember every author's name). He spies Wolverton and starts to bully him almost worse than the others, trying to brainwash him into thinking anything but reality. He then sees Lucas and moons him. And none of the adults care, they just encourage him and pat him on the head and say he's such a good little boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment