Sunday, November 18, 2012

hate thinking up titles

Since Tommy is on medicaid still or Healthy Kids I guess his insurance card reads, and he'll be on it for a year, at the end of which they probably renew it with maybe Chip or something? I don't know. We'll see when we get there. We figured we'd go ahead and find him an actual doctor. Besides his belly button was making me nervous. So we got him a regular doctor who's not specifically a pediatrician but can deal with children. Dr. Schmidt I believe his name was. Very nice man, did really well with Tommy. He was patient, asked questions, gave answers, gave Tommy an exam, and got the nurses to give him his 2 month shots. Poor boy. I held him on my lap and he just screamed and screamed. I didn't have baby tylenol so one of the nurses gave him a dose. I picked some up later and gave him two more doses over the rest of the day (his shots were around noon). His temperature did rise a little but not drastically. I tried feeding him when we got home and he puked. Tried a little later and he spat that up too. But after that he slept and slept. I switched him to soy formula then, figuring we might as well get all his trauma out of the way at once. This was Friday. Well, yesterday morning he slept for 5 hours!

During those 5 hours I watched Brave, which I know isn't a 5 hour movie, I'm just saying that during that I did that. So it was pretty good. I've seen a few of the trailers and they had barely anything to do with what actually happens in the movie. I'm not disappointed though. Personally, I think the story could have gone one of 3 different ways and this just happened to be the one they picked. If you don't want spoilers skip the rest of this paragraph and continue reading at the next one. So, the 3 different ways I thought it could go were: Mother becomes human again, which is what they picked. Mother remains bear and dies. Merida redeems Mor'du and turns him into a human again and they fall in love. I'd like to have seen that last one. But then the movie would have been a lot longer and not as soft and fluffy.

So, Tommy's grown quite a bit. He's 12lbs 12oz and 23" tall. It's amazing to think how big he's gotten! He's outgrown a lot of his newborn size and has almost entirely switched over to 0-3. In fact the overalls he's wearing today are 6-9 months but they're the same size as another pair of overalls I have that say they're 0-3. So I dunno.

Last night he woke me up once. Once!! We went to bed around 10, with a last feeding then, he woke me up around 2:30, and then we got out of bed just before 8:00 with another feeding. Awesome! I do hope he keeps that up. I don't know if that was the shots or the formula. Today he's been cranky but he's a bit constipated so that's understandable. So far though I think I like the formula. We'll see in another day or two after he's finished adjusting to it, but tentatively, I think it was a great switch for him. It's enfamil prosobee. We used to have him on gerber goodstart gentle.

It is so weird to think right now that it's the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I'm used to being panicked and rushed and stressed beyond belief. And this year... here I am. Just chilling. Taking care of my baby, reading, crocheting, puttering around the house cleaning. If you'd asked me in years past my stress level on a 1-10 scale I'd have said 20. Now? eehhh, we'll go with 3.

Also, saw the new Spiderman. I never saw the old ones and I've never read the comics. I knew some basics about the story but that's it. So coming from basically a newbie standpoint I'll say I really liked it. I'll see the sequel when it comes out.

Gamesmaster Challenge starts tomorrow at Neopets! It'll be my first big event with the baby. There was a Halloween event, Masks of Dread, but it took seconds to do that and you could stop inbetween things. Gamesmaster Challenge is a week long gaming event where I'll be having to play games that don't pause and, unless it's an easy one, I can't just drop everything and lose my score if Tommy needs me. So I'll have to try and do it while he's sleeping. I'm so glad it's not Daily Dare yet. Daily Dare is a month long event. Gamesmaster Challenge is like a mini Daily Dare. And then next event will be the advent calendar next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment