So I just finished reading 50 Shades of Grey. I must say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I kinda liked it. There's a lot more depth to it than I thought there would be, seeing as it's a Twilight offshoot and Twilight has no depth. There is indeed some freaky stuff in it, but only a few things that I didn't like. And a lot of it's all in the character's head. For example, he's taking her gliding, which actually I thought they were going to go hang gliding but turns out it's when you get taken up in a small plane and glide your way back down. Well anyway, she's never done it before and he's helping her get set up. Well if it were me I'd have no idea when I'd be ready or the plane would be ready and I would want someone telling me when it was ok to get in. But when he tells her she's good to go she's all "god he's such a control freak, so bossy". I'm like "What? That's not bossy." Now, I haven't read the other two books, so maybe the freak-stuff gets more in depth later, but we'll see. There were some unrealities in there (really, he's nearing 30, I doubt he can go 3 times within the same hour, also she has unrealistic reactions sometimes, especially at first) but, come on, what do you expect from the nature of the book? It's fantasy. If he needed her guidance or she was left unsatisfied, that's just not a great fantasy. I get that, and I can deal with it even if it is irritating sometimes.
Before you make fun, like I used to, go ahead and give it a read. Don't expect much. Go into it with the lowest expectations you've got. Maybe that's how I enjoyed it, lol. I went into it expecting it to be awful. In fact I was only reading it out of curiosity and so I could make fun of it. But, no. I have little to make fun of and I believe I've already mentioned what I would make fun of if I felt like going in depth, which I don't.
Oh, one thing that really, really irritated me was that she calls her computer "the mean machine". omg that is one of the most annoying things I've ever heard anyone call a computer.
Well, here I go, off to read the second book!
No comments:
Post a Comment