In other news Tommy is sitting unassisted some. I tried spoon feeding him rice cereal a few times and about... 2 weeks ago? I think about that long ago, he started acting like he wanted my food. He got so interested in anything I was eating or drinking. He was doing ok with cereal but I decided to move him up to solids. I mean he'll be 6 months on the 9th, and I know they recommend 6 months, but a lot of people start at 4. I doubt starting solids a few weeks early will make that big a difference. I made him pureed carrots a few times, and he liked that well enough. I gave him mashed banana twice but it made his tummy upset. I read bananas can give babies constipation. So we'll hold off on bananas again for a while. I had a coupon for gerber 1st foods so we picked some up. Prunes, apples, green beans, and sweet potatoes. I hate green beans and sweet potatoes and I'd never tried prunes. But whatever, good to expose him to all sorts of stuff. So far all I've done is the prunes. He did alright with them, I guess. Better when I started airplaning the spoon and making silly noises at him. The last two days he's been fighting his evening nap pretty hard so he got almost no solids at all. I don't know what's up with his naps right now. Growth spurt, maybe. As if he needs to grow more right now! lol He was 18lbs 03oz on the 14th. But he doesn't look fat. I mean he's a little chubby but all babies are. I borrowed an exer-saucer and ever since his leg strength has gone way up. If I sit back and stand him between my legs and he holds onto my shoulders I can let go and he'll stand against me for a few seconds. And he absolutely loves that he's finally figured out how to blow raspberries. lol The one thing he's not doing is rolling over! He's done it. He can do it. He just doesn't want to. Whatever, at least he can scoot. He hasn't gotten up in a crawl position yet but he can definitely scoot.
Friday, March 1, 2013
Updates - New Title
Ok, so I have a new title in mind for the blog. Desolate Tranquility. A few years ago while reading Jane Austin's Persuasion I came across the line "...Anne walked up at the same time, in a sort of desolate tranquility..." and it struck me. So there it is. I'll leave the url alone for a while to get you used to the new title and so you know where I've gone when it doesn't work or whatever happens when you change urls.
In other news Tommy is sitting unassisted some. I tried spoon feeding him rice cereal a few times and about... 2 weeks ago? I think about that long ago, he started acting like he wanted my food. He got so interested in anything I was eating or drinking. He was doing ok with cereal but I decided to move him up to solids. I mean he'll be 6 months on the 9th, and I know they recommend 6 months, but a lot of people start at 4. I doubt starting solids a few weeks early will make that big a difference. I made him pureed carrots a few times, and he liked that well enough. I gave him mashed banana twice but it made his tummy upset. I read bananas can give babies constipation. So we'll hold off on bananas again for a while. I had a coupon for gerber 1st foods so we picked some up. Prunes, apples, green beans, and sweet potatoes. I hate green beans and sweet potatoes and I'd never tried prunes. But whatever, good to expose him to all sorts of stuff. So far all I've done is the prunes. He did alright with them, I guess. Better when I started airplaning the spoon and making silly noises at him. The last two days he's been fighting his evening nap pretty hard so he got almost no solids at all. I don't know what's up with his naps right now. Growth spurt, maybe. As if he needs to grow more right now! lol He was 18lbs 03oz on the 14th. But he doesn't look fat. I mean he's a little chubby but all babies are. I borrowed an exer-saucer and ever since his leg strength has gone way up. If I sit back and stand him between my legs and he holds onto my shoulders I can let go and he'll stand against me for a few seconds. And he absolutely loves that he's finally figured out how to blow raspberries. lol The one thing he's not doing is rolling over! He's done it. He can do it. He just doesn't want to. Whatever, at least he can scoot. He hasn't gotten up in a crawl position yet but he can definitely scoot.
In other news Tommy is sitting unassisted some. I tried spoon feeding him rice cereal a few times and about... 2 weeks ago? I think about that long ago, he started acting like he wanted my food. He got so interested in anything I was eating or drinking. He was doing ok with cereal but I decided to move him up to solids. I mean he'll be 6 months on the 9th, and I know they recommend 6 months, but a lot of people start at 4. I doubt starting solids a few weeks early will make that big a difference. I made him pureed carrots a few times, and he liked that well enough. I gave him mashed banana twice but it made his tummy upset. I read bananas can give babies constipation. So we'll hold off on bananas again for a while. I had a coupon for gerber 1st foods so we picked some up. Prunes, apples, green beans, and sweet potatoes. I hate green beans and sweet potatoes and I'd never tried prunes. But whatever, good to expose him to all sorts of stuff. So far all I've done is the prunes. He did alright with them, I guess. Better when I started airplaning the spoon and making silly noises at him. The last two days he's been fighting his evening nap pretty hard so he got almost no solids at all. I don't know what's up with his naps right now. Growth spurt, maybe. As if he needs to grow more right now! lol He was 18lbs 03oz on the 14th. But he doesn't look fat. I mean he's a little chubby but all babies are. I borrowed an exer-saucer and ever since his leg strength has gone way up. If I sit back and stand him between my legs and he holds onto my shoulders I can let go and he'll stand against me for a few seconds. And he absolutely loves that he's finally figured out how to blow raspberries. lol The one thing he's not doing is rolling over! He's done it. He can do it. He just doesn't want to. Whatever, at least he can scoot. He hasn't gotten up in a crawl position yet but he can definitely scoot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment