Tuesday, January 1, 2013

random stuff


Random thoughts and stuff time!

Did you know they still make Barney? I threw one on at random for Tommy and I kept thinking to myself that Barney's voice was odd and the things he was saying were odd and the whole episode in general was odd and the music was odd and I said, "This has got to be a later episode." So I looked and... 2011! Somehow that just makes me feel really old cause I've been watching Barney for as long as I can remember. And despite the hatred that show garnered I actually really liked it.

Other tv related things, I've been trying random kid shows for Tommy. Yeah, yeah, kids under 2 shouldn't watch tv, whatever. I'd go insane without the tv to distract him while I do dishes or take a shower or he's just plain bored. Remember, at this age he can't grip well and toys just don't entertain him much. I do have a rubbery type grippy ball coming in the mail, so we'll see if that entertains him! Anyway...
I found I actually really enjoy Bob the Builder. It's a fun show and I don't care if Tommy likes it or not. :p
I do not like Baby First and neither does Tommy. I have tried a lot of different episodes and he has been entertained by none of them. I'll try them again in a month or so cause it seems they could be educational.
Tommy was very entertained by Sesame Street. When they introduced the letter and played a horn noise Tommy immediately copied it himself. Awww....

I've been doing some reading to try and figure out how to write more than one character. Cause I realized all my characters in all my stories are basically the same person. In my research I've found that the name is actually Gary Stu, not Marty Stu. When did this happen? And how did I start calling him Marty Stu if that's not his name? Or have I just stumbled on the only 2 sites out there who call him Gary?

Tommy has a tooth coming in. Poor boy. He's been drooly. Sometimes I can see the moment his tooth pain hits him. It makes me cry cause I deal with tooth pain on a daily basis. My poor little boy shouldn't have to suffer tooth pain. It makes me angry knowing he has a lifetime of tooth related pains and agonies ahead of him. He'll be on the state kid medical coverage and we'll take him to the dentist on that but after he's too old for that he'll be on his own. And unless his life turns out different from ours he won't have the money to pay for dental work. I know it is all about priorities and, personally, I'm reserving my arm and leg for something I actually want to spend them on. Overall, though, I think he's handling it rather well.

Tommy's gotten so big. He was 14lbs 2oz at his 3 month weigh. He goes back for more shots on the 9th so we're doing a well check then.

Well, that was all. Back to reading how to make separate people! See, it's really hard for me cause I'm so shy. I don't interact with people well. I have social anxiety and am socially awkward. How am I supposed to make different people? They all speak with my voice. I gave one guy a certain way of speaking and I am constantly having to go back and change things he's said cause I wrote them in my voice by accident!

I'm sure this phase where I feel like writing will pass. It always does, and usually before I can get much progress in.


No comments:

Post a Comment