I gave up reading Sense and Sensibility. I was about to start chapter 7. But I just can't. I'm just not into it right now. I can't even really explain what's wrong with it. It's just... boring. The movie is boring too. This is the first time I've had a problem with the Jane Austen books. For example, Persuasion, which it's packed with, was excellent. And Emma was great. Northanger Abbey was fun. Pride and Prejudiced, well, that's just classic. I'll come back to this some day. But for now I need to find something else to read.
Also I couldn't find this version of the book anywhere online. It's part of the Borders Classics series. So I just took a picture of my own copy.
National Geographic's Mysteries of the Ancient World. Been reading that before bed to help me get to sleep. I thought it was really good. It was made in 1979, so I'm sure some of this is outdated as archaeology moved on since then. But I found it informative, thoughtful, and interesting. I just wish there were more pictures. The guy writing it keeps talking about this or that that he saw or looked at but leaves out the picture. There are pictures, just not enough.
As for right now? I have no idea what fiction book I'm reading next. I've been kinda busy with other things, like Caesar III, and I discovered Vampire Diaries, so I haven't really been reading a lot lately. My before-bed book is currently Characters and Viewpoints by Orson Scott Card. So far I've only read the intro but I already like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment