I finally finished 50 Shades Darker. I did not enjoy this one as much as the last. It was still good, just not as good. From here on out there will be spoilers.
Yeah, we get it. You're not hungry for food. Real clever, please get over it.
Now, I don't know how other girls would react in bad situations but as for me I know there's a time and place for discussing "us". Rushing away from the bad guy in the middle of the night not knowing if the bad guy had come to kill you or come to kill herself or if you're being followed, is neither the time nor the place to ask, again, whether you're enough for him. First of all, at that very moment there are more important things to be thinking or talking about. Like survival. Like getting to a safe place. Like being quiet and letting him handle it. Second, he's a guy. Guys don't think like us. Yeah it's been nagging at the back of her mind and gnawing at her and she has to get it out, but to him that's the last thing on his mind. His mind is entirely filled with how to keep her safe. I doubt any guy would have the mental capacity or ability to even fathom why anyone would ask something so silly as "do you desire more than what I can give you" at a time like that.
Some of the sex has gotten repetitive. I'm glad the author started leading into it then switching to later that day. I mean not all of it was bad, just some of it was old. Like how many times a day can they do it before you start rolling your eyes and going "again"?
I was just waiting for the inappropriately early marriage proposal and here it came. I wonder that she was all surprised and annoyed her mom was asking if she was pregnant. Well, aren't most marriages that happen within the first 2 months of being together because of pregnancy?
The birthday party scenes were a little mashed together. Like there were a few different things that the author wanted to do but couldn't decide so she decided to throw them all together.
Now, by no means does any of this make it a bad book. And I especially liked that ending bit. Definitely makes me want to read the third one! We'll have to see how that one goes. This one took way longer, in part, because of my giant crochet project moving onto a step that I can't look away from the project, so I couldn't read and sew at the same time anymore. (btw, it's a blanket with cross-stitched butterflies on top, I'll post a picture when I'm done) I seem to be better at pointing out faults than pointing out goodness. So just assume the stuff I complained of is all the bad and everything else about it is good, mindless fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment