Saturday, August 27, 2011

08/27/2011

We've been sleeping in the new house since Tuesday or Wednesday or sometime, and the first night it was warm, the second night freezing, and then generally cold since then.

Insulation stacked in the corner.

Laying on the bed looking up at the window. It still needs washing on the inside.

Looking upside down at the stair opening. It was covered for the night.

Looking up at the underside of the second floor.

I got everything out and covered the bed.

Here's the first wall, done. Victor was so happy that the insulation came in bats so we wouldn't have to cut it. So to be funny I gave him a quizzical look and flapped my arms and asked "bats". It was cute.

Here I am working on the insulation still. I did almost the whole first floor all by myself. I only have a few places to finish up at where I need to cut 10" wide strips for the corners. The shirt is one I got at the thrift store specifically for work. It somewhat kept the insulation off my arms but I still feel prickly. The scarf on my face is from my pirate costume so I don't care how dirty it gets. Might as well get some wear and tear on it since I haven't the heart to weather it on purpose. I had my hair in a clip so I tied the scarf in the middle of the clip to keep it in place better.

1 comment:

  1. looks nice inside. and the window is pretty. seems like you're working really fast to me, but i imagine it's slower for you.

    ReplyDelete