Friday, September 4, 2015

The Drifter

I chose to read The Drifter, by Susan Wiggs because Tommy starts preschool soon so I'll be able to become really engrossed in books again soon and so far Susan Wigg's books haven't been so engrossing that I would want to wait until Tommy was in school to read it. But this one was really good. In fact I would say it's my favorite so far. I could easily see this as a movie. It was predictable, but there was always a chance that what I predicted wouldn't be so. But I was right, everything I thought would happen did.

Basically, a man is accused of murder, he and the woman he's with take off. She becomes sick and needs a doctor, so he finds one. She just happens to be everything he's ever truly wanted, even if he didn't know what it was he wanted to begin with. But don't go thinking this book has cheating in it because it doesn't. The man and woman pretend they're married but all along you get the sense that he loves her like a sister, except for a few occasional moments. So stuff happens and he sticks around town longer than intended, but with a US Marshal on his tail he has no choice but to flee, but as he falls in love with the doctor he finds it increasingly hard to go.

And that's as much as I can say without revealing too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment