Friday, July 31, 2015

Savannah Purchase

My latest book was sent to me by a good friend. It is Savannah Purchase, by Jane Aiken Hodge. It is apparently the last book in a series, but I can't find much information on it. I suppose if I went through all of her books on amazon people would say things like "this is the first book", "this is the second book", in their reviews (which is how I found out about this one being the last) but I don't care enough to do that.

So, this book is about cousins who look close enough alike to be twins. One is married and wants to escape her life for a while and gets her cousin to take her place. But she starts falling in love with her cousin's husband, which isn't as horrible as it sounds since her cousin's marriage is in name only. It was a little hard to get into as it forces the reader to think. The book starts off as though you were in the middle of a story (which I don't think we were since I was able to find the book that takes place before this and as far as I can tell it doesn't involve this pair of cousins) and you have to figure everything out as you go. It's not really that bad but it was hard to stay motivated. I'm glad I did keep on with it, however, as it was a good book. I thought everything wrapped up nicely, if a touch conveniently.


No comments:

Post a Comment