Thursday, May 21, 2015

Joiner King

I finished reading The Joiner King (Star Wars: Dark Nest, Book 1), by Troy Denning.

There will be spoilers.

What happened to Jaina? It's like between the end of the NJO and the start of the Dark Nest Trilogy she became an entirely different person! I hate what's happened to her. And who is Zekk? Why is he suddenly so important? Why is he suddenly glued to Jaina? What happened to Jag? I guess Zekk was in Star by Star but I have no memory of him. I think he was probably big in the Junior Jedi Knights and/or the Young Jedi Knights series. I have never read either. I don't like the mindsharing thing and I hope it goes away. At the end of my copy of the book it includes the short story Ylesia (which takes place in the NJO), and Jaina was so cool in it! In the Dark Nest Trilogy, so far, she's really lame.

I'm basically trudging through the Dark Nest Trilogy to get to the Legacy series. After having read the first book and a few pages into the second book I'd skip it if I thought it would be ok. I skipped the Black Fleet Crises. But I think important things probably happen that I should read about so I'll keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment