I managed to finish two books recently. I'm behind on talking about them because my keyboard broke and I had to wait for a new one because I use a usb one. I do this because the keyboard built into my laptop has most the keys broken off (started with 2 keys coming off with a cat ran across it and it went from there... it's been a slow 2-year process) so typing on it was excruciatingly slow and I had to stick to short sentences or I'd have gone insane. Now I'm going insane due to a super mega teething baby who only took one 30 minute nap the other day and two 30 minute naps yesterday. We're on one 30 minute nap for today and he's watching Color Crew right now which is keeping him more or less entertained.
Anyway, I finished 50 Shades of Freedom. There will be spoilers as my mind is so exhausted from Tommy's teething that I can't think enough to separate this into a non-spoiler and a spoiler-full thing. Seriously, that super super high pitched scream makes my ears feel like I'm going up and down super fast and they don't have time to pop before the next pressure change so I've had a constant headache the last few days. But I have to do this because I want to start a new book (haha as if I could concentrate with a squirming screaming baby on my lap, and yes I have changed his diaper, fed him, and given him tylenol and he has a mountain of toys around him) and I don't want to start forgetting things about the others I've read.
So I think her way of drinking tea is stupid. Like, really, one quick dip of the bag and that's it? That means you're drinking, what, vaguely flavored water? If I'm wrong correct me, but I let my bags steep for the recommended 3-5 minutes, usually more.
I think she was out of line to get mad at him for being mad at her for getting pregnant. I completely agree with him on this. She had one thing to remember and she failed. I mean, seriously, I can't be the only one who spends the 2-3 days before her period experiencing at least a little anxiety and then there she is not even caring if she takes her birth control. Yes he was in the wrong for going off and getting drunk, but can you blame him? He takes care of everything and gives her one simple little task. Go get one stupid shot every few weeks. She can't even handle that much responsibility? Then I guess it's a good thing she married a rich guy.
Also I hope people who work desk jobs take their jobs more seriously than she does. It seems like every other day she's leaving early and she spends ages writing personal emails every day. Course being the boss means you can do that, I guess.
The car chase was bizarre. So this person knew where his parents lived but not where he lived? Or was the intent to ram them off the road? Or... wait, whaaat?
The ending of the book was awkward. Like "Oh here's some random stuff I wrote that I wanted you to see so here it is". It almost felt like those "And here's a preview of the next book" add-ons. But I'm not really complaining cause I did enjoy it.
btw, I totally thought Jack was gonna be Christian's brother. Way back in book 1 when we first meet Jack he's got red hair. And he has mannerisms identical to Christian's. It's even hinted at when Ana thinks the mannerisms are familiar. And then we find out they're from the same town. And that Jack's older. And that they have similar, ah, tastes. The books were hinting at it very heavily. I thought for sure that Jack's dad cheated on his mom and Christian was the result and that's part of what broke up their family and why Jack hates Christian so much, because his illegitimate brother made it so well in the world and got all the luck. And then we find out they're not related. So I have to wonder was it planned to be the big surprise (he's not his brother!) or was it poor writing that mislead me?
Those are my complaints. Everything else was the usual fantasticalness. I mean, yeah they're trash, but they're good trash. They're easy summer reading when your mind is turned to mush and you want a fun story to read. And I totally wanted to go back and re-read them once I'd finished, lol. But I'm not going to, not yet. But I do see myself reading them again later. I will say that's one good thing about the akward add-ons at the end is that it made me want to reread them.
I'll talk about the other book maybe tomorrow. Or later. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment