Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Augason Farms Butter Powder


So I was out of butter the other day and wanted to make tuna helper, which requires butter. Well, about 3 years ago Rosaur's had a bunch of Augason Farms stuff on a big display so we had got a bunch. These are cans of dried foods that last pretty much forever. One of the cans was a can of butter powder. I'd link to it on Amazon but their price on it is insane, so here's the Wal-Mart link.

This stuff is amazing. It's 1/2 a cup of powder to 1 1/2 tsp water = 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) of butter. I was dubious about how little water they wanted me to use but since I dump all my ingredients in and then start cooking and tuna helper needs water anyway I shrugged it off. As I was cooking it it smelled weird but it tasted just fine.

So yesterday I tried it in chocolate chip cookie brownies. I mixed the powder, water, and sugar and... wow! I've used butter in various states of softness from almost hard to melted in cookies before and none of them worked as well as this stuff did. It mixed wonderfully. It mixed thoroughly. The 1 1/2 tsp water was indeed enough. The brownies baked beautifully and set up really well. These were the best brownies I've ever made.

This is definitely a product I'll be keeping around from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment