The next book I started reading was "The First Man in Rome" by Colleen McCullough. I'm not going to say it's a bad book, but... after a week and a half and only getting 54 pages into it I gave up. Now, again, I am not saying it's a bad book, really, I'm not. But I can't keep track of the characters, who they are, what their names are. And I mean no offense to Italians but all the names sound alike to me and what made me finally give up was I read like 8 pages about one guy before I realized that he was a character I'd already been introduced to in the beginning. I'm sure if I was into the language and the culture more I'd get it and be interested in it. It's just a bit too thick for me right now. Especially with my Pregnancy-Brain! Seriously, I got up like 3 times the other day to make dinner before I remembered why I was getting up. lol So I'm going to move on to something a little lighter and easier on the simple-minded. Not sure what yet.
But speaking of which, I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow! This morning we finally finished putting the wallpaper trim up. Had a hard time with that. It was supposed to be prepasted. Well the paste dried before I could get it up. After some research I found that prepasted means "buy paste anyway". So we did and now it's up and our "nursery" is done. Here's 3 pictures. I know the last one kinda shows everything, but I like all of them just so much.
Your next blog update will probably be post-pregnancy. This seems like the time to say good luck! Hope all goes well.
ReplyDelete