Monday, July 16, 2012

update

Update time!

My ribs are still pretty bad. Liver tests came back great, and all we can really do is just give me medicine to help with the pain. I did get prescription pain medicine, but I have yet to take it cause I don't feel the levels of pain I've had since getting it have justified taking any.

Embarrassingly enough, a lot of my back/hip pain was caused cause my thighs have bloated out and I never realized my underwear was cutting into them! So I went up in size and things are much better now.

I'm still religiously putting lotion on my stomach every morning and night to prevent stretch marks, so it was with great surprise that I found a few small ones on my left thigh the other day. I'd never thought of lotioning my thighs. Well, they're small and not very noticeable, so it's ok.

I can still touch my feet and tie my own shoe laces! But I have issues leaning forwards while sitting. I don't know what baby's doing some days but he can get into some pretty uncomfortable positions sometimes. He moves a lot. He's also big enough that poking at my tummy can reveal where he is. I can't tell what's what but it's neat to find him.

Things make me irritated easy. That's been coming on on and off for a while now. I can't really feel emotions properly, which is annoying. So if I'm not irritated I'm upset or depressed. And I've been getting daily headaches, which caffeine usually takes care of. Soda, not coffee. Coffee gives me worse headaches (always has), not sure why. And I hate Pepsi now (bizarre, used to be my favorite) so it's all Coke for me. I am sometimes not any of those three emotions but they're what I feel the most often.

Had an electrogram last month that showed the baby's heart is good, but they want to check it after he's born too just to make sure.

Nesting has been on and off for me and is rarely accompanied with energy. I am getting the house cleaned up and organized. Victor has primer up on the corner of the upstairs we'll be putting the baby in. He was going to paint today and probably still will.

Victor got a job at the grocery store in the little town near us. Last week was his first week.

On Wednesday I'll have 7 weeks left, though it could still go either way, more or less. I'm starting to get antsy about everything being ready. (I think I'd feel that way even if everything was absolutely perfect.) When I get back from working next week I'm going to start packing a hospital bag. I'm also going to start making that diaper bag I've had fabric sitting around forever for. Right now I'm working on crocheting a cardigan but I see a mistake I made in the first row. I'm only about 4 rows in so I'm just going to undo it and fix that. Also kinda worried about sizing. What if it's too small? It's NB size and I don't want to make it and have it too small. I've never made clothing before but maybe I'll look over the rest of the pattern and see if adding a few stitches here and there would work.

I've also gotten bigger. I have 4 maternity pants and only 2 still fit. I had a pair of shorts and they don't fit anymore either. As for shirts, I have like 3 shirts I can wear, 2 tank tops, and I've been wearing some of Victor's smaller shirts, which actually isn't too bad. Make me feel a bit fat but they're pretty comfortable. I also have a pair of shorts I had pre-pregnancy that still fit, some danskin ones with a drawstring. I've had to retie the drawstring but they're still comfortable!

Morning sickness has returned a little bit. Not a lot. But I did almost throw up the other day and have had a small bit of nausea.

The book I'm currently reading is actually pretty good. It's like a fake biography about Cleopatra, whom I actually had very little knowledge about, but I figured I'd like her story so I purposefully avoided "spoilers". Sounds silly but that's just how I felt. The author loves to make people cry things instead of saying them, but if you overlook that (cause it's really not a big deal) I went through about 300 pages of it in only a day or two. And then I discovered Mario vs Donkey Kong for the 3ds (I think it's dsi ware actually) and have been obsessively playing that. I only have about 5-6 more gold stars before I'm at 100% completion. But I'm back reading it and am nearly 500 pages along now. lol, I actually just picked it up now to see how many pages there where and when I flipped it open to my bookmark I was at exactly 500 pages. Anyway, it's got 749 pages if you count the author's note at the end. Oh, and I say it's pretty good right now cause I haven't looked up any actual history to compare to see how well this guy stuck to that. Like I said, avoiding "spoilers".

I've had hand and foot swelling, mostly feet. I can still get my rings on and off. I take them off when I knead dough cause it's hard to clean them if I don't. There's been once I couldn't get them off and once where I took one look at my hand and went "ha" and just left them.

After we get the corner set up I'll take pictures. It's going to be a sort of green paint and I have a dinosaur wallpaper border I'm going to put up. And I have some Winnie the Pooh cardboard-wood cutout things I found at the thrift store I'm going to hang up. We'll set up the bassinet early next month so the cats have time to get used to it and smell and it and stuff. I don't want to dump too many changes on them all at once. Which I guess makes it a good thing that I'm organizing the house slowly, cause it gives them time to come and sniff at what I've done in small doses.

I got to Rank 6 on the Altador Cup at Neopets. My team came in 9th place. I'm happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you're handling it pretty well. Sorry to hear about the irritability. If you ever eat chocolate I suggest not eating it for a while. It's irritability-inducing. But so are allergies this time of year.

    There's a guy at work who says most coffee gives him headaches, but he can drink folgers. The only one that ever gave me headaches was mcdonald's cold specialty coffee drinks. Anyway, I wonder what would cause it.

    I dunno if your emotions are really screwed up, anger and depression can make you more perceptive, less gullible, etc. It's almost like you're seeing the world more accurately.

    ReplyDelete