Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Update

This is a little late, but oh well. I had an ultrasound and... it's a boy! We got a clear shot of everything, which was nice, since some people's u/s pics look like tv fuzz. Anyway, it was wonderful to watch. He was active and kept hitting the camera and at one point kicked it, which was adorable and my highlight of the whole thing. And I'm measuring further than the midwife put me at so he moved me up from a due date of the 13th to a due date of the 5th.

I kinda wanted a girl... And now I'm stuck on middle names. We have Thomas for a first name but I have no idea for a middle! Victor wants Allan but I dunno. I'll probably let him have it since I really can't come up with anything better. And a lot of baby names sites have pages upon pages of names from other countries mixed in with the names I consider normal. I mean, I'm sure that these names are normal by that country's standards but they're not normal by mine. Victor had said he wouldn't mind an Italian sounding middle name but I can't find any that are "normal" enough to be acceptable. I don't it want to scream "I'm partially Italian", but a hint of it would do. But like I said I can't find anything good there either. I just need to look harder.

I'm still working on crocheting that blanket I started back in, what, March? Early April? It's getting there. I think I'm finally almost to the point where I can put the border on it and call it done. I realized I only have about 3 more months before it's born. I need to get going on these things! I still want to make a diaper bag (I have fabric I just need to put it together), and any other things. Like I have this really nice baby weight greenish yarn I want to do something with. I want to look at my baby snow suit and winter gear pattern and see what I want to make. I want to look at my boy clothes pattern and make him some cute stuff. I want to do all this stuff that I doubt I'll actually do. I mean I can just buy this stuff but why when making it is fun and you get exactly what you want?

We're starting off late on the garden. Victor's got it all dug up and now he has to get rocks out. I went ahead and started things in planters yesterday. We'll see how that goes and when things start popping up he should have the garden completely ready and I can transplant to the ground.

Let's see... I re-started Manhunt since it's not on the cloud I think (on steam) and I hadn't played in over a year or two anyway. I got stuck on a level and then steam updated the game which broke it for everyone. I managed to fix it by downloading someone's old backup save file and replacing the "updated" version with the old one. I wish Steam would quit forcing updates.

I started playing Morrowind today. So far I'm a little lost and have only played about 15-20 minutes of non-character creation stuff. But I'll get there. It was a little chuggy so I had to turn it down to 800x600. I really don't want to go lower than that so we'll see if I can deal with it.

Altador Cup starts in a few days. I joined Haunted Woods like I said I would. Yay.

I'm still struggling on that book I complained about in my last review. Gone. Ugh, unless it has an absolutely spectacular ending I'm donating it back to the booksale people. Really, I'm not sure what whim made me buy it in the first place. Mystery-detective style books just aren't what I'm into.

I hate all my clothes. All three or four I can actually fit. lol, or at least that's how it feels! I miss my old pants. My tummy has gotten huge and I can't put my knees up to my chin anymore. And, omg, my ribs! Any activity of any sort (getting up off the couch and going upstairs to bed can do it for me...) brings them to a burning, tingling pain. Like someone has a super heated knife stuck under my ribs and another on top of them. Sometimes yawning makes my rib cage feel like it's expanding to the point of popping. Sometimes it gets so bad that bending over creates so much pressure in my chest it feels like it'll explode. If I'm up and on my feet for a long time (like when I cover for Bonnie) it gets to the point where I can't concentrate and I do things like dig my nails into my palms to distract myself. Tylenol helps for about 10 minutes then it's as if I never took it. My next appointment with the midwife is on the 8th and I'll ask her then. Everyone else I talk to says "oh yeah rib pain's normal". lol, even to the extent I'm getting it? Either I'm being a baby or my pain is not normal. There has to be something I can do. According to the ultrasound my baby was in breech position (feet first) which is no big deal at this point cause they can turn multiple times before they have to be head-first. And the head is more to the left. 99% of my pain is on the right. If I felt where the tech positioned the camera correctly the head is facing my left hip kinda. Some people say that rib pain is from baby pushing a foot or head or arm up in there. If that's so and baby is no where near my right ribs... where is the pain coming from!? Is it his butt shoving into them? Either way I hope my ribs go back to normal or I'll never fit a lot of my old shirts again. Presumably. I haven't measured myself yet. Sometimes I wake up from sleeping with rib pain going on. Yet other times I'm out in the yard for a while and it's a half hour or more before they start hurting. My hips also bother me. For a time my left was great cause I accidentally cracked it and had no pain at all. Now it's both, but mainly my right. Which is odd since I've had hip pain on and off for the last several years and it's always in the left. ...it's my right shoulder blade that hurts too, between it and the spine. I do get pain on the left but it's far more common on the right.

Baby's also been active. We can see him moving around, and Victor's felt him a few times. For the most part I really enjoy feeling him and the closeness it creates. Sometimes he's a bit fierce and it can be uncomfortable. Once he woke me up with it. Sometimes he randomly decides he's being squished and kicks me in places that make me run for the bathroom even if I don't have to go. But I love him. I've cuddled my tummy a few times.

In other news, here's some pictures of my cats:




2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the update. I think Alan is easier to spell, and that is Static's middle name.

    Rib pain sucks. Have you researched it online? Is it associated with heartburn? Well, I'm sure you'll survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan is my sister's husband's middle name too. It'll probably end up being that.

    As far as I can tell on the rib pain, it's normal. I've only run into one other person who seems to have it as bad as I do and she didn't know what to do about it either. I found some stretches and exercises to do, but I only just started that so I don't know if they'll help yet. lol, I'll survive but I'll sure be glad when it's over.

    ReplyDelete