I made this cake using a recipe I saw in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. It is a pink lemonade cake. I think it came out wonderful!!! The only issue I had was that I had to trim the top half to match the bottom half and when I frostinged it it crumbled some. The only substitution I did was I used pink lemonade concentrate instead of plain because, well, why not? Otherwise I followed the recipe as it was.
The recipe actually wanted you to cut each of those layers in half so you layer it dark, light, dark, light, but I didn't want to press my luck with anything tricky. As it is the middle bowed some when I picked up the layers as they were. It's a tiny bit brown inside cause the edges got a little over cooked. Not so much frosting in the middle because I didn't know how far the frosting would go since I had made it myself and had vastly cut back the original recipe. In fact I cut the original frosting recipe down to 1/4! And I still had leftovers, which actually I wouldn't have had if I'd used them on the middle. But like I said I didn't know how much I'd use.
btw, like my awesome cake stand? I put the cake on a lid from a mixing bowl set I have then set the lid on an upside down plate. lol, it works.
Also, I'm not reposting the recipe here cause the magazine said it was from a cook book and was printed with permission, and since I don't have permission I'm not posting it. But if you get a chance to go to the library or something look up May's issue, it's towards the back. Or I think you can see the recipe if you go to their site and make an account. It says it's free but it wanted my address so I stopped, but I was going to see if it does take you all the way there. Just search pink lemonade cake in their search bar. Cause this cake is really, really good. Victor didn't think it was going to taste good and was skeptical the whole time, but he really likes it now that he's tried it. I am very proud of how it came out and how it looks and how it tastes. This is one of my better cakes.
I am making this for my uncle when he comes to visit tomorrow. He saw this in the magazine and requested it from me. I was worried about the butter only standing at room temperature for 30 minutes, but since you said you followed the recipe I will trust it. Thank you.
ReplyDelete