Victor got....
- Fear by L. Ron Hubbard. Dunno what it's about but apparently some guy fights a dragon or snake or something, I see it on the cover.
- Complete and Unabridged Kurt Vonnegut collection. He writes humor, that's about all I know.
- Robotech: Battle Cry. Cause he's a fan.
- Love and Marriage by Bill Cosby, cause he likes Cosby books.
- I got The Rope Dancer by Roberta Gellis cause it was slim pickings on the Romance table and this was about the only thing that seemed interesting. I dunno, a dancer and a bard. We'll see.
- Sanctuary by Faye Kellerman, I dunno, I picked up a few weird mystery books even though I don't really like them as much. Some weird craving or whim. This one's about jewelry people being killed and the answer being in the detective's back yard. It intrigued me.
- Fatal Burn by Lisa Jackson. Serial killer who's hunting down this one girl for vengeance for something she doesn't remember? *shrug*
- Gone by Jonathan Kellerman. Murders and investigations. Like I said, a lack of a lot of plain "fiction" books sent me to the overflowing loooong table's worth of mysteries and a whim made me get a few.
- Living History's "Classical Rome". It has a bunch of pictures of people dressed up in roman gear and doing stuff with props and everyone looks photoshopped onto their backgrounds. But it looks fun.
- Some Disney books I had as a kid. I might already have one of them but oh, well. Didn't wanna pass it up. I got Alphabet A-Z, it's Volume 1. I got Animals and their Babies, and it's Volume 5. I got Mickey's Birthday Surprise, which is also Volume 1, but on the Young Reader's group.
- A few The World Heritage books. They have better pictures than that Rome book up there but are thinner. They seem pretty good. There's the Mayan Civilization, Inca Civilization, Ancient Greece, and The Roman Empire.
- The Ancient Egyptians. Cause I realized all my Egypt books are archeological and more adult-themed books. This one is child-based with simple words and explanations. It's for even younger audiences than the Heritage books, or at least that's the feel I get at first glance.
- Robin Hood and the Great Coach Robbery. It's a Disney book, apparently Victor had it as a kid.
- Digging up Dinosaurs. It's a Reading Rainbow book! I loved that show!
- "I Can't Wait Until Christmas". It's a Big Bird little-golden-books book. I actually can't remember if I had this as a kid or not but I had others like it.
- Disney's "Ready For Bed, Pooh?" It's a short, little kid's book about Winnie the Pooh. Like really short and on those hard cardboard pages they make toddler books out of.
- Coroline. Like the movie. Victor picked it up. It was a pretty good movie.
- Tales of Ancient Egypt. It's as much for me as it is for the kids! It has a lot of the god stories and myths/legends in it.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. We have the adult version but the kid version is, of course, a must-have! It's by Ryder Windham. They (cause really, ryder is not gender-specific that I know of) have written kiddie Star Wars books too so I know it'll be good.
- Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping. I liked the Amelia Bedelia books as a kid.
- 101 Wacky Kid Jokes. Cause I loved joke books as a kid.
- 101 Silly Monster Jokes. Same reason.
Trust me on this... Ryder Windham is male.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed the Indy novelization!
Best regards,
Ryder Windham
Wow, never expected to see you comment on here! Sorry if I was offensive or anything, I guess I could have taken the time to look it up.
DeleteI have not read the book yet, mainly got it to put away for my son (due in September... but Indy's not something that goes out of style so I'm sure he'll enjoy it).