Wednesday, January 14, 2015

NJO: Done!

I see my last post was on November 22nd. Wow. Has it really taken me so long to finish one book? Of course it was a good 550 pages long. The book I read was The Unifying Force, the last book in the NJO. I first started the NJO in something like 2006 or 2007. It is a 19 book series. I'm just sad it took me so long because there are a lot of things I was reading about that I couldn't remember and had to look up. I feel something of a relief that it's over, actually. I'm so far behind other fans. Now on to the Dark Nest Trilogy then I can start the Legacy series.

There's not really a lot I can say about the series without confusing people who haven't read it and probably nothing I can say 12 years after the book was published that hasn't already been said. I did enjoy the series. And, as someone who hasn't read the YJK or JJK books, I really liked getting to know and get involved with Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. I now want to go back and read the YJK and JJK books.

Why am I continuing to read these books if, in all likelihood, the new movies are going to destroy everything and totally mess everything up with no regard to keeping the original fanbase and alienating every fan alive today? Because I'll most likely write the new movies off as AU and dig my head as far into the sand as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment