So, why not? Because it is tedious. It drags on and on. I'm not saying it's a bad book, because it's not. It's just... not very interesting. The basic plot is that the daughter of people who were part of an experiment can light fires with her mind, and is being hunted by the government, which is a plot I could totally get into, but I just couldn't. Even at the end it drags on. I almost put it down a few times because it just wouldn't grip me but I kept plodding on and finally finished it. My memories of the movie have faded enough that I don't know for sure I'm correct in saying this, but I'm thinking that if you're interested in this story you should see the movie instead of trying to read it.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Firestarter starts no fires here
So I decided to read Firestarter
, by Stephen King for Halloween, but it took a lot longer to finish it than I thought it would. My book has a picture from the movie on it. I saw the movie a long time ago and thought it was a good movie, and I had this book, so I thought, why not.
So, why not? Because it is tedious. It drags on and on. I'm not saying it's a bad book, because it's not. It's just... not very interesting. The basic plot is that the daughter of people who were part of an experiment can light fires with her mind, and is being hunted by the government, which is a plot I could totally get into, but I just couldn't. Even at the end it drags on. I almost put it down a few times because it just wouldn't grip me but I kept plodding on and finally finished it. My memories of the movie have faded enough that I don't know for sure I'm correct in saying this, but I'm thinking that if you're interested in this story you should see the movie instead of trying to read it.
So, why not? Because it is tedious. It drags on and on. I'm not saying it's a bad book, because it's not. It's just... not very interesting. The basic plot is that the daughter of people who were part of an experiment can light fires with her mind, and is being hunted by the government, which is a plot I could totally get into, but I just couldn't. Even at the end it drags on. I almost put it down a few times because it just wouldn't grip me but I kept plodding on and finally finished it. My memories of the movie have faded enough that I don't know for sure I'm correct in saying this, but I'm thinking that if you're interested in this story you should see the movie instead of trying to read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment