Well, I think it's time for a general update. I don't remember what I've said before, so I'll say now: Tommy is walking very well and has been for a few months. He can run, squat, jump, etc. He is always on the move. He has started climbing as well and can get on the couch pretty easily. He's still not really talking, but he has said mama, dada, hi, and can imitate noises and people's tones of voice. He can respond to what people say. He can come when called (not all the time, though, sometimes he ignores me or makes it into a "come chase me" game which he thinks is hilarious), he initiates games of peekaboo, he understands no (whether or not he agrees with no is a different matter). He hands me stuff all the time, and understands what "can mommy have that" means and will come over and give me something if I ask him to.
The only book I've read was Christmas Carol. I dunno, I just don't think it's really that great a story, not good enough for there to be 80 million different variations of it anyway.
I watched a pretty good movie on netflix recently. It's called "Everything you want (love surreal)". It's a romantic comedy but it is very clean. Cute. A lot of the funnies come from picking on Canadians, which is good fun, but I think the character they're about was a bit much. Anyway, basically it's this woman who, as a girl, was very lonely and made an invisible friend, who as she grew older, became an imaginary boyfriend. Then she meets a guy in real life and uses her imaginary boyfriend to fend him off, then later regrets that and now has to try to not only keep up appearances that he's real, she has to try to figure out how to tell him the boyfriend is not real.
As for tv, mostly I've been watching The Tudors on netflix. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep watching it or not, but as I'm season 2 now I think I've pretty much decided to go ahead and finish it. I am enjoying the hair styles, especially Katherine's.
And games, I've mostly been playing Fallout: New Vegas. I've got something like 90 hours on it, but then I walk everywhere so I guess that's not saying much. The only place I quick travel is if I am south of New Vegas in the middle of the map between those two mountain ranges and want to get north, I usually quick travel up to the Robco HQ or someplace around there, so I can avoid the deathclaws. Those things are vicious. I'm level 30 and I'm still not ready to face them. I recently fended off two baby ones so I think I'm almost ready to head into the death claw territory. It's a great game, just great. I'm teamed up with Veronica, and I think we make a great team. I send her in to punch people and draw their fire, while I stand back or up high and shoot people. It works out well. I've also been taking screenshots of sunrises and sunsets. I know my graphics aren't as good as maybe some other computers are, but when I see a gorgeous sunrise/sunset or a great location to take pictures from, I do it. I may be the only one who cares but that's good enough for me.
I've also been playing Binding of Isaac a lot, which is also a really, really good game. I have like 21 hours on it. Sure it's basically the same thing over and over, but you get so many different items and enemy combinations that it makes it new and interesting each time. So far I've only won the game once. I also really like the music.
I've also spent the last week and a half sick with a nasty cold or flu or something. Wasn't so bad at first but over the last few days it's just been awful.
No comments:
Post a Comment