Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vampire Diaries

So this is a bit late but oh well. I finished watching Vampire Diaries about 2-3 weeks ago. I dunno, February's been weird. I kept forgetting it was February at all for like a week and now I keep mixing up what day it is. Anyway...

I really, really liked it. But I had no idea it was an in-process show. Netflix only has the first 3 seasons. Apparently there's 4 with a 5th on the way or something. Great. I only started watching it cause I saw it on the recently added list and it was 2011's season, so I guess this means I have to wait till next January to watch season 4? Maybe I'll see if I know anyone who has the dvd (is there a dvd? I'm sure there has to be) so I can borrow it. Or if I find it cheap I'll just buy it. I intend to do that with the first 3 seasons. Also, apparently it's based on a book? The opening credits say so. I shall have to look into that some day.

I do like watching Twilight cause it's just so stupid, but this is way better. I mean, there are some things that seem similar, but, really, this is waaay better. It just draws you in. It's very addictive. Towards the end I was staying up late at night to watch them, and sneaking them in during Tommy's naps, instead of doing things like cleaning. lol The end of almost every episode ends in a cliffhanger. And since it consumed my life for a few weeks I am taking a break on tv shows for now.

Now, just cause I wanna, my favorite characters are Damon (*squee*), Alaric, and Elijah. Really, Damon is just a really, really well done character. Sometimes you don't know if he's bad or good, sometimes you just want to break down sobbing and cuddle him forever, other times you want to slap him. ...usually you just want to hold him and stroke his hair and cry and tell him "I'll love you..."

Anyway, I have a few complaints, since we all know how good I am at complaining. I don't think they're very spoiler-ific, though if you want to avoid minor spoilers then stop reading now.

How can people just slice open their hands over and over? Like everyone's doing it and no one cares. Occasionally there's a wince or gasp. If I sliced open my hand I'd be crying like a baby, but these people are all "*slice* Ho, hum. Just another normal, boring day. Oh, I suppose I should think about bandaging that sometime." Not everyone has that kind of pain tolerance!

When she loses all that blood in season 3 no one cares, not even her. Now, when I had Tommy I had to get 2 bags of blood. So I assume I must have lost about 2 bags. The show indicates she lost several bags. Now after having lost just as little as I did I passed out 10 feet from where I lost it, and then was confined to my bed unless I had a nurse to supervise me getting around. Two days later I wasn't allowed to even shower unless someone was in the next room listening for if I needed help. Meanwhile Elena's all "Ladida, lost several bags of blood and all I have is a bit of a headache. Let's go home so I can paint!" What!? If someone I knew lost that much I'd be taking her to the hospital asap to get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment